It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Another Newbie Needing Guidence

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Newbie Needing Guidence

Postby Bell » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 am

Hi guys, another newbie here.

Well I was told by my doctor last night that the reason I have lower back problems is because I’m too fat, his exact words. It was harsh but true. So today is the beginning of my new healthy life style.

I’m nearly 30 kilo’s over weight and its all due to the rubbish I put down my throat. I have two dogs and because of them I walk every morning for 20-25 minutes and then we walk again every night for up to an hour. All up we are walking nearly 5 kilometre’s a day. The only day I don’t walk is Thursday, that’s our day off. I also swim three times a week for my back and I do agility with one of my dogs which means I run around an agility course for up to 3 hours every week also. So my weight is not lack of exercise.

I’ve come here to get some guidance with the food I should be eating and also for the support. I’m looking forward to hearing any advise you can give me.

Bell
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wz7IPBe/]
[/url]
Bell

Re: Another Newbie Needing Guidence

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Welcome Bell!

It sounds like you do a good amount of exercise. If you think your weight is purely diet related you might want to post what you eat on an average day in the Diet Talk section of the forum. That way people can see what you're eating and make suggestions.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi Bell,
I am a newbie too! I also have back problems... maybe I am too fat too! :oops:

Like you I exercise quite a fair bit and need guidance on what I should be eating...

Good luck with your weight loss and we're all here for you!

Cheers,
AVP
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby amouse » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Hiya welcome.

Bell the first step i would suggest is to get yourself onto the food diary on calorie king.. http://www.calorieking.com.au.. there you can have a free diary.. put in your weight and it will telllyou how many calories to aim for a day.. for the first week or so just put in what you normally eat so you can see where to make improvements.. and go from there.. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq07Col/]
[/url]
On your journey it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your destintation . What matters is getting there!
SW 135 kilos(nov 2007)
GW 70 something lol
CW 110.5
amouse

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Bell, welcome to the forum. There's lots of good info here so I hope you find a plan that suits you. I know another member posted notes / sample meal plan from a nutritionist which I thought was very helpful and generally how I tend to eat (or try to eat mostly!). If I was technical or clever, I could hyperlink it, but I'm not. Maybe someone else could do that for me :oops:

I think it's important to have 3 meals and 2 snacks (healthy ones like fruit, low fat youghurt, nuts etc) each day to keep your blood sugar and cravings under control and your metabolism humming (well, that's what I've found anyway!. I've also found that sticking clear of processed foods is best - ie if it grows and isn't manufactured and there's lots of work involved in preparing it and chewing - it's probably good for you. If it's processed, refined and wrapped in lots of packaging and quick and easy, not so good for you :D Just some things that have helped me with my diet and nutrition.

Now that said, I'm quite good with the diet side of things but I'm terrible with the exercise side of things - what can you suggest for me :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: together we make a good pair :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Bell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi Alexandra,

So with your diet and my exercise we would be the perfect women! :D My suggestion is get a dog! I never walked until I got my two and now I HAVE to walk them or they will tear my house apart! I find it really relaxing aswell, especially if I've had a rubbish day at work. I get home grab the dogs and all the cares in the world fall away as I'm walking.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wz7IPBe/]
[/url]
Bell

Return to Introductions