It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi all, I'm here to lose 9kgs!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all, I'm here to lose 9kgs!

Postby Janeyc1983 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi all,

I am new here and my goal is to lose 9 kilos - my goal weight is 65kg - by my birthday September 1.

I am a size 12, 178cm and 74kg - so while not technically overweight, I am at the higher end of the healthy range and over the past 5 years or so have packed on 8-10kg - a product of working sedentary jobs, drinking and eating out a lot and just general laziness. I am not happy with the way I look, I find I don't want to wear nice clothes or go to the beach anymore, and have come to the conclusion I need to make a huge effort to shift these kilos that are holding me back.

Exercise is not such a problem for me is my diet and binge eating. I eat very little, or nothing during the day (as I am so busy at work) and by the time I get home am ravenously hungry, so will think nothing of devouring a whole packet of rice crackers and container of dip, or a packet of chips, or 12 biscuits and then crackers with cheese.

I exercise regularly, have just completed one boot camp (am starting another next week) but know i need to do more, 45 mins 6 days per week is my aim. When I get into the groove I find exercising comes easily to me, but it also makes me hungrier.

Anyway I look forward to working with you all!

Jane ;)
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Re: Hi all, I'm here to lose 9kgs!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Jane!

It's great that you've identified your main problem with gaining weight. I know that if I skip eating during the day I end up even more ravenous at night. Is there any way you can make sure you eat at work? Even having some cut fruit at your desk may help.

I know that low intensity exercise makes me very hungry, whereas high intensity exercise suppresses my appetite a bit. However if you're finding that boot camp made you hungrier I don't think increasing intensity is going to help much.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy your next boot camp.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi Jane and welcome aboard. You have a really achievable goal. Best of luck :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Amethyst » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I think it's great that even though you are at a good weight you still want to improve yourself. Good luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby moo86 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Jane - I am here to lose about 10kgs by end of June. Haha hope we can do it! :D
moo86

Return to Introductions