It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Need some buddies for support!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Need some buddies for support!!

Postby thenewme » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi! My name is Andrea..
I'm 78.6kg and my goal is weight is 58kg.
I've been all sorts of shapes and sizes in the past but this is the heaviest I've ever been and I can't seem to shift!
I'm sick of the yo yoing, and I want to get to my goal weight in a healthy way so that I can stay there and feel better and look better inside and out.
I have 4 children under 6yrs old and I find I am often exhausted and have little time to do the things I need to do for myself.
I have little support from my husband who says I'm just fine....although I still remember clearly the day he said 'I'd never ask you to lose weight but just remember the thinner you are the more I will want to be intimate with you'...probably a throw away comment for him but it has been engraved i my mind ever since!!!
I'm also stinging from an ex friend who dumped me when she heard I was moving out of the area - her parting shot was that everyone she knew thought I was ugly and all the mums at the school yard all laughed at my huge backside. (Yes, she was 36yrs old and very immature but these things hurt when you are already down on yourself about things)
I'm originally from the UK (been in Australia for 3 years) and moved areas about 2 months ago.
I haven't made any friends yet so I'm lonely and would love to find some weightloss buddies ...especially in my area (central coast)
My main problem is being too tired to exercise and binging because I'm tired or emotional. I also tend towards the party lifestyle so need to cut back on the beer and wine too!
Anyway, I just read through this post and it sounds a bit depressing! I'm actually a fun person but have found myself in a very isolated position and in desperate need to get a grip of my weight and health.
Would love some ongoing moral support!!
thenewme

Re: Need some buddies for support!!

Postby court » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Andrea! :)
Nice to have you here it is a nice environment and hopefully you can find the support you are after! Unfortunately I am in Sydney but i would have loved a new exercise buddy!
Firstly - i cant believe your husband said that!!!! But i am prob looking at it out of context and I am sure he didnt mean it the way it sounds!!!! Secondly thank goodness you are away from the so called friends that you had before! :shock: You dont need friends like that.
Good luck with your goals! Wow and 4 kids under 6!!!! That must be so much fun (i dont have kids yet! :roll: )
Court x
court

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Heya. Welcome to the forum. I guess you just have to rise above comments like that. Central coast is a good place to be. I don't live there unfortunately.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 pm

This is a great place for support.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Bella_1974 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:51 am

Hi Andrea,

You will have more energy the fitter you are and the healthier you eat, and the more organised routine you have with your children. I would suggest doing exercise videos/dvd in the evening after the children are in bed and the house is clean. I have always done this myself, my daughter is 14 now, and I still use videos/dvds, I also did ballroom dancing for ten years and took my daughter with me and she danced for seven years. I don't know what it is like to have four children, as I only have one, but I do everything with my daughter, when she is not busy with homework, we walk/jog in the park, swim at the pool, and do exercise videos. You need to find a diet that is easy to follow and that your whole family can eat, as it is always easier that way when you have children. Like just sticking to eating whole foods only that is fruit, salad and vegies and brown rice, wholemeal bread, legumes (lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans etc...) Your body will burn calories digesting these foods (see http://www.NegativeCalorieFoods.com) If you want any tips on this just let my know, my daughter and I both eat this way, and we love it, we have done it for a long time now, and you have to not eat as much as your children, they will eat more because they are growing. (famous celebrities that eat great eat this way for example Madonna, is on a Macrobiotic diet which is all of the above which I said, plus no dairy, she has soya milk and does not eat cheese or anything). Have you ever noticed the asian people do not eat cheese. If you want to lose weight and be healthy eat this way, you will see the results.

Show to these people that made the negative remarks that you can do it, and only do it for yourself, and you have to find the motivation of why you want to be slim and healty, ie... longevity (time with your kids and husband), good example to your children and teach them how to lead a healthy lifestyle of eating well and exercising daily, bonus is you will look great, more energy, increased confidence, will feel 'sexy' :) children and yourself will sleep better, even if they are young, I am sure you can still play with them to help them be active and have fun, and you will be burning calories, just from being active.

Ask your husband to give you an hour or two a week, to go to the pool and have a swim, you get a break from kids and burn calories, or do a yoga class or aerobic class whatever you want, I am sure he will support you. Just decide you are going to focus on health, if you want advice on anything, please do not hesitate to ask me, I understand how you are feeling, and I have an exhaustive resourse on information if you wish.

I would be happy to give ongoing moral support and advice if you wish.
Belinda
Bella :)
Bella_1974

Postby BBgal » Sun May 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi and welcome, Being a mum can dampen our focus on our health. I use leg weights when cleaning I find it just adds a little bit more exercise to my day. I read once about a lady who lost alot of weight walking around her clothes line. I guess what I am saying is that every little bit counts. I know how peoples comments can have a impact on your self confidence, hold on to it and use it when those weight loss moments are bad or your feeling less motivated. I wish I was where you are, I am in a similar situation but over the other side and would love someone to share the journey with... ohhh well best of luck to you and I hope to keep hearing about your journey.
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Return to Introductions