It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby Cuddly Otaku » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:44 am

Hello, Im new to this site so I figured I'll introduce my self.
My name is Adam and im 16. As far back as I can remember i've always been the "Fat" Kid in class, I was always picked on.
I make friends very very easily so thats never been a problem, But all my friends are skinny and like some sort of sport.

More often then not we'll all be sitting around talking and then one of them gets up and is all like "Hey, lets go play soccer on the oval" Or something, and of course I go and watch. Im not a sporty kind of person, and being the size I am I run fairly slowly and im sure I would be laughed at.

Recently my dad had a heart attack, some of it weight related. I dont want to have one when im 34 like my dad did.
I went to the doctor last month because i had a cold, he took my blood pressure and weight.

my pressure was higher then it should have been and I weigh 151kg
Im 16 and 192cm tall.

My goal is to loose 50kg, I dont care how long it takes, as long as i stick to it.
I don't want my family knowing Im doing this eaither, for me its fairly embarrassing, admitting Im overweight.

So far im aiming for 30 REAL push ups a day.

One of my biggest problems is eating. When im bored or upset or angry I tend to head towards the kitchen and I NEED to stop doing that.

Pretty much i've come to the site looking for people to talk to and help me out while I do this. I don't want to die any time soon.

Also, Please excuse any spelling errors or grammer mistakes, also the layout in general. Im Dyslexic and none to bright.
Cuddly Otaku

Re: Hello

Postby Shalimar » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:30 am

Hello Adam and welcome :D .

Good on you for realising you have a problem and taking the first step, don't leave it as long as I did.

Best of luck and I look forward to reading about your progress.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby court » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:35 am

Hi Adam!
So good to hear you have made the decision to take control of your life :) If you need any help or advice you will get it on here. 30 REAL pushups is a good start! Wishing you all the best

Court
court

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Good on you for starting so young. We're always here to help. Though you may find that letting your family know what you're trying may help. Wlecome to the site I hope you find it helpful.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 pm

What Kind of Otaku?
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Cuddly Otaku » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Anime And Manga. Normal nerdy stuff ^^

Thanks for your support!
Cuddly Otaku

Postby Amethyst » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Sweet Me too. What do you like?
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby lng86 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi Adam!

And welcome to the forum!

All of us know too well the daily struggles weight can have on every day life. My advice to you would educate yourself with calorie king. This website even has food plans to help you in the right direction.

Your overall goal is fantastic - but make sure that you break down this into smaller goals. I have lost the amount of weight you are wanting to lose... And know that for myself I would write a monthly goal. At the end of the month I would reassess that goal for the following one.

Best wishes for your weight loss journey.

We are all here to help you.

Hugs,
Lauren.

P.S. Please do not apologise for having dyslexia. Anyone willing to judge is simply not a very nice person! No one is perfect! Except everyone on this forum!!!

P.P.S. My gosh you seem like a very mature 16 year old boy!!! :)
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby BBgal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 pm

hi Adam,

Congratulations on deciding to change yourself for the better, I am sure you will find all the support you need here, just remember if you have any questions just ask :) Everyone seems very friendly here. My biggest advise I could offer is that every little bit counts with exercise.... maybe walk to school if you don't already? or maybe put something a little heavy in your school bag so your using your body a little more carrying it around all day? Remember that exercise is only one part, try to watch what you eat too, I know its hard... especially for a growing young man, as your body is a screaming for food. Calorie king is a great site and will really educate you to what foods are no no's during your weight loss, trt to read up as much as possible on how your body works with nutrition/weight loss and exercise. The other thing I could suggest for you is if you slip up, just keep going it isn't the end of the world just remember to keep going on your weight loss journey... if you keep going you will always get to your destination.... even if it takes a few detours along the way.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Return to Introductions