It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Long time reader, first time poster... HI!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Long time reader, first time poster... HI!!!

Postby BBgal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi all,
Have read the forums for a few weeks and you all seem very friendly and very helpful so I decided to make myself known :D I'm a 27yr old stay at home mum and was told I had PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome) about 6yrs ago, I used to be very petite and very active but as my activity slower the weight piled on, and so the activity slower more and the vicious circle began. I am quite short (155cm) and before I knew it I had jumped from the bottom of my healthy BMI (45kg) to 99.9kg I had doubled the person I used to be! I became so unhappy with myself I shut down, I merely existed....
In October last year I went on a holiday to see my mum who I hadn't seen in 2 and a half years... and I saw a horrible sight.... her reaction to seeing my weight gain in the time I had been away! So I made the decision to lose weight ( I had before, seeing nutritionist and exercising but that was as far as I went .. I didn't even put the effort in to following the food plans the nutritionists set out) I got back and looked at the pharmacy weight loss programs in my area ( there was like 5, TF, Kate Morgan, Betty Baxter, celebrity slim, and that xaiox or something one.)After going around and talking/looking into each I decided on Betty Baxter and started it in November. I haven't had any problems on it , other than the ones I make with my own weak will power and comfort eating. I have my ups and downs but have worked out that the secret to weight loss is if you fall, just get back up and keep going... I have been on it for 24 weeks and lost 22.8kg " YAY ME!!!" I am really trying to combat my eating flaws and get into a healthy eating life style for the rest of my life. unfortunately every time I binge comfort eat I relise I still have a long way to go. Um well I suppose that's really all about me... apart from my exercise routine which is a hour + of walking a day, wearing my leg weights when I am cleaning and skipping during the ad breaks of the biggest loser.... ohh and 2 weeks ago started that from couch to 5kg run program " cool runnnings" up to my 5th self training session and really surprise myself with it ( I have E cup ladies so running is hazardous to my face lol :lol: )

Well good to meet you all and look forward to contiuning to read all your posts :D
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Re: Long time reader, first time poster... HI!!!

Postby Shalimar » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi BBgal and well done on your massive loss, keep at it.
Welcome to the boards and I look forward to reading more of your progress and journey.

Good luck but I don't think you'll need it somehow :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby BBgal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks Shalimar, little do you know but you have been a huge inspiration after reading the posts in here, thanks for the welcome :D
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Chiggy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi BBgal! Welcome aboard!

Well done on your weight loss so far, that's a great effort!! See you around :D
Chiggy

Postby Shalimar » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Thank you BBgal :D , it's always nice to know you have helped inspire someone towards their goals.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Introductions