It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 am

Free Newsletter

My RE-introduction :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My RE-introduction :)

Postby BubbleButt » Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 am

Hello lovely ladies and gents,

It has been quite a while now since I have been in here and I made the decision that I needed to desperately get back onto the wagon and get fit once more. Because of how long it's been (I actually dread to think.. lol) I thought it best that I re-introduce myself to you all again.

For as long as I can remember I have been overweight and at the age of 21 when I couldn't take it any longer, I decided to get help from a doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for those that don't know what that is) and my biggest symptom was my excessive weight and dark skin patches. I had tried everything to get the weight off before seeing a doctor; Weight Watchers, Lite'n'Easy, Jenny Craig.. you name it, I did it! I couldn't understand why it was so hard for me to lose weight when I exercised daily, played sport at least 3 times a week plus trained 2 other nights a week. It just didn't make sense, until it all came together with one diagnosis. That particular doctor gave me the diagnosis, told me it was all bad and pretty much wiped her hands of me saying there was nothing she could do. Biatch! :x

So there I was all depressed about everything and thinking to myself I would never ever have a happy life because of it. How wrong I was! I met my beautiful husband a year later and after finding out that I could fall pregnant after miscarrying (that doctor had told me that no woman with PCOS could ever conceive) I did more research on my disease and *ta da* I found a LOT of information and that what she had told me was all incorrect.

Nowadays I have been a little more content with my size because I now understand why it has been so hard and I can deal with that. I gave birth to my first child in November last year and in my first 23 weeks of pregnancy I dropped 58kgs, much to everyones horror but believe me it was not deliberate and it certainly wasn't planned. I was just so severely ill during my entire pregnancy that I just could not keep any food or drinks down and my body paid for it; resulting in me having no energy at all, just walking from one end of my house to the other had me needing to sit down for a good 15 - 20 minutes. By the time my daughter was born I had put back on just under 20kgs (with the help of anti-nausea drugs from the hospital), much to the delight of my doctors who stated bluntly that had I not put on the weight, chances were that my daughter would not have survived.

So here I am 5 months later and getting back into the swing of things. I have resumed taking my metformin for my insulin resistance (another symptom thanks to my PCOS) and needing to sort the rest of my healthy lifestyle out.

I am so so glad to be back here and I hope that I can share in your successes and help out in any way I can with them.

See you all on the boards!!

Thanks,

Bubble :mrgreen:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Re: My RE-introduction :)

Postby Shalimar » Mon May 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi BubbleButt and welcome back, best of luck in getting back to where you want to be.

See you around :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Welcome back, Bubble, and congratulations on the birth of your little girl!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Tue May 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Welcome!! I am also back on the band wagon. Hopefully we can share out success and motivate eachother. Good luck!
This is the start of forever. . .With faith i can succeed

- Danni XoXo

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ8ypqd/]
[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby BBgal » Tue May 05, 2009 10:02 pm

:D :D :D :D WELCOME BACK!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Return to Introductions