It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm back again...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm back again...

Postby cherricola » Sat May 16, 2009 11:25 am

Well, I guess you could say I lost it a bit over the Xmas/New Years break... It was about this time that my fiancee's son moved in with us, who's been brought up soley on $hit food (takeaway, frozen pies etc) and I was finding it difficult to find "healthy" food that both DF and I, as well as his son would eat... I slacked off on the Calorie King, and I pretty much gave up all together with the gym and wii fit.

Then I got up this morning and weighed myself, and was horrified to see I've put all the weight I lost back on... except for about 2kg's. Weighed in at 104.1kg. :( :( :(

I cancelled my memebership with Curves on Thursday, I just simply did not have the time to go during their operating hours. The one I was giong to was open from 6am - 7pm. I leave home at 6:45am every morning for work, and don't get home until 6:30pm after leaving work at 5:00pm, fighting my way through the traffic to pick up my step-son from his mother's place and then driving back home to get dinner ready and organise lunches etc for the following day... So that was just another $60 a month going to waste... :roll:

Well, I've just made an appointment for MOnday night for my fiancee and I to join up at Jetts... It's a 24/7 gym, so we can go whenever we want! He's getting a little bit paranoid about his belly, and I still have 34kg's to lose before our wedding next September (ideally I'd like to lose it by June next year as I'm maid of honour in my friends wedding too and I don't want to be the big fat oompa loompa ruining my beautiful friends weddnig pics...) :oops:

So, Monday it is... we're joining up at this gym so we have NO EXCUSES! We can't use the excuse that the gym is closed... It's close to home, and my fiancee's son is old enough to stay home by himself for an hour or so of an evening while DF and I go and workout...

Have to get back on to the Calorie King bandwagon again, and move this a$$!!

Wish me luck (again!) and if any of you have any tips I'd love to hear them!! :D

Also - if any of you are members of Jetts, or know anything about them, please let me know!

And finally - Lupin8 - does anyone use it? Or know whether it's any good??

Cheers!
C.x
cherricola

Re: I'm back again...

Postby BBgal » Sat May 16, 2009 11:58 am

Welcome back cherricola,
Good for you getting back on track! Christmas and Easter is hard a hard time for balancing healthy and indulging... I really don't think there is any one in the world who is on a diet that doesn't gain or at least maintain their weight for that time. I actually went and looked at that lupin8 stuff at the shops the other day and grabbed the info sheet, after reading it I'm still unsure.. just because if you have a balanced diet I don't see it doing anything that having a balanced diet wouldn't be doing for you already for you.... especially if you take a multi vitamin and get enough fibre. The price wasn't too bad think it was like $28-29 for one of those large plastic jars like the bodybuilder stuff comes in but I am unsure how much you need to use each meal so it may last ages or not that long. I guess just look it up on the net read about it and if your still not sure then if you don't mind the chance of wasting $30 dollars then just try it.
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Shalimar » Sat May 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Well done for coming back and best of luck in continuing your journey :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Mon May 18, 2009 11:25 am

welcome back!!!

I was thinking about joining curves too!!! did you find any success with it when you were able to go?

Also - how much do you pay for membership?

:D
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby cherricola » Mon May 18, 2009 11:52 am

alisvolatpropriis wrote:I was thinking about joining curves too!!! did you find any success with it when you were able to go?

Also - how much do you pay for membership?

At the time that I joined, they had a special on with no joining fee - so I'm not sure on how much the fee is. As for the monthly costs, it was $59 a month.

I enjoyed it - especially the "women only" environment. It was a lot more comfortable (for me) and less intimidating that your everyday gym. The ladies there were very enouraging, and they often had different games and activities to participate in while doing the circuit workout. I was sad to leave, but it was just money wasting away for me...

So I'm off to Jetts tonight with my fiancee to join up there and see how that goes... I love the fact that it's open 24/7 and I can go whenever I want to... no more excuses now!! haha :D
cherricola

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Mon May 18, 2009 12:21 pm

ooh i looked a bit further into it and don;t think it's for me! :(

I do taekwondo 3 x a week at the moment, i wanted to do something to supplement my training.

maybe walk the dog more? haha i wish there was a 24/7 gym near me!!!!

good luck with it!!!
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Good luck with you weight loss, Cherricola. I hope you enjoy your new gym!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Riayn » Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Best of luck! I hope you enjoy your new gym and are able to get yourself back on track again.
Spud On The Run - A Couch Potato's Guide to Weight Loss & Fitness
Rainbow Of Chaos - The Life of a Thirtysomething Geek Girl

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 73.8kg
GW: 67kg
Riayn

Postby cherricola » Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks guys.

We have our "Induction" at the new gym tonight at 6:30pm, so I've just got home from work and pulled out the ol' gym clothes, and now just sitting here waiting for DF to get home so we can rock'n'roll off to the gym...

I can't say I've ever heard of a "gym induction", so it should be interesting... I'm assuming they're just going to show a group of us how to use the machines / weights properly and inform us of the 24/7 accessability rules etc... *shrugs* :roll: guess we shall wait and see...

I'm ready and rearing to go... MUST LOSE THIS WEIGHT!!! I've gotten to the point again now where I can't stand to look at myself and do not feel at all comfortable going out in public... I feel like all of my clothes are skin tight and I feel like I just look revolting... If I feel that way about myself then I'm going to be giving that vibe off to the people around me and they too will think I'm a fat horrible person... :(

Need to get out of this mindset, work my a$$ off, and get back to a happier, more confident me...

Wish me luck!! :)
cherricola

Postby Amethyst » Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 am

Well Good luck. Hope it goes well
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby cherricola » Fri May 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks Amethyst... :)

I've been working out on and off on the Wii Personal Fitness Coach and Wii Fit all day... Was going to go to the gym tonight too, but not sure my legs could handle it now... LOL.

Wait and see how H2B feels when he gets home - might head over a bit later... :)

Anyhoo - I've posted new Before pics today and started a fresh on CK as well...
cherricola

Return to Introductions