It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:22 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie on the bloock

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie on the bloock

Postby mystic_goddess86 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi guys,
im new and have lost over 30 kilosin the past 2 years and have now gatherd the motivation i need to loose my last 11 kilos and go from 66.0 kilograms to 55kilograms. Im so excisted. I found this site and have read some amazing tips from what seem to be some amazing, really motivated and dedicated fellow dieters. Im happy that i found a site like this thats not only about loosing weight, but about learning and most of all supporting each other through the good and bad moments of loosing weight. :D

Thanks, Mystic

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10704;95;1;1/c/66/t/55/s/66/k/3afa/weight.png[/code]
mystic_goddess86

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:04 pm

Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi Mystic and welcome :D

Congratulations on your huge weightloss so far and best wishes for the final 11kg.

Have you been following a particular diet or have you adjusted to a sensible eating and exercise plan?

Love to hear more about your weightloss journey.

Hayley.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi Mystic, welcome to the forum!
you have done well to lose 30kg already!! you an I have lost about the same amount with about the same amount to go.
Hope to see you in the forum.
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Hello Mystic and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your weight loss to date that is a fantastic effort.

Glad to have you aboard and good luck with your last 11 kgs. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

thanks everyone

Postby mystic_goddess86 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi guys, thanks for being so welcoming.
In reply to your question i haven't really been sticking to any particular diet. I really just adopted to eating well. When i was younger you could argue that i danced with the pantry and flirted with the fridge. I was obsessed i lived to eat, not eat to live. I can't really remember what happened i just remember feeling fat, embarressed and annoyed that i let such a thing as food take control of my life. I must admit that only diets that have every actually worked are the ones that i made myself with research and dedication, i tried sureslim and it failed me miserably, i hated being so picky with my food 1/2 a tomato a day, no carrots, fish for breakfast. i tired of it quickly and soon realised i had wasted over $700.

So what i've been doing at the moment for breakfast i eat a piece of toast with a beautiful lemon butter that i learnt how to make from an old recipe book of my mothers (only a teaspoon) it's my daily treat and i wake up craving it, so it's a really good thing for me. I also have a cup of nescafe instant coffee with soy milk (some of you might say how yuck, but if you get used to the taste it really isn't that bad). One thing i have adopted from sureslim is the 5 hours between meals, i guess thats only cause im lazy and can't be bothered making myself snacks :P. Then for lunch which is usually right on 12pm i have a sandwhich with ham, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato, pepperonata(which an italian dish similarto a capsicum chutney) -or- barbacue sauce with a little touch of honey (so yummy). And then for dinner i used to have a weight watchers meal that i would pick up from the supermarket freezer, but i've realised that you can't live on those your whole life i've moved on to San Remo lite meal for 1 pasta dishes, with the addition of a protein and some vegetables. Soooo yummy, and only 78c a pack...light on the pocket as well :P.

I used to believe that loosing weight was only physical that it was about what you ate. I soon reaslised that weightloss is 90% mental and 10% physical because without the right frame failure is going to follow quickly.

Thanks guys :)
mystic_goddess86

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:38 pm

Welcome Mystic. :D
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Return to Introductions