It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi From Adelaide

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi From Adelaide

Postby Maraver » Mon May 16, 2005 7:43 pm

Here we go I shall go first, my name is Pam I am 51 a granma from Adelaide SA, have lived here nearly five years, after spending 20 years in Perth WA, its taken me along time to settle in SA but I am gradually finding my feet, I recently well in July 2004 married Andy, we met on the "Net" and we are very happy, went through a sad time when my marriage broke up after 27 years but in the long run I realized it was for the best, but unfortunately while I was going through this down time food became my best friend,mind you it always was a good mate :lol: Andy and I have five children between us and threee grandchildren. I work full time in Bi-Lo you have probably all shopped there at one time or another, Most weeks I work Monday to Friday and so have the weekends off which I enjoy.
I have joined weight watchers more times than I would like to admitt, and I think I have come to the conclusion that I just need to take myself in hand and eat sensibly because when you think about it, if there is one thing we have total control of in this life its what we eat and drink.
I originally come frim England and grow up on the North East Coast a small town called Redcar
My hobbies are ofcourse... my PC I love Photography, an avid reader, enjoy the English Soapies on the TV and watch big Brother under sufferance 8)
Pam

This is a photo of Andy and I taken on a jet ski on the Murray River
my first time on a jet ski

Maraver

my story

Postby hushpuppy » Wed May 18, 2005 11:23 am

Hi everyone . Im Jules 32 from Tasmania. I have 2 beautiful children .Kayla,8 and Graeme,18mths . I am engaged to be married .I also met my partner Terry on the "net" we have been together 3 years . We recently moved from Launceston to Devonport in tassie for a fresh start .After having my son and being a stay at home mum again after 5 years of work i raided the cuboards to many times , mostly due to boredom.Part of the fresh start is for me to grab the bull (or me) by the horns and lose weight . I am currently 98 kg and have a goal weight of 65. At the moment it seems a long way off but i am determined to get there . I have tried many diets as well as Jeny Craig which in retrospect worked for a while but the thought of eating another microwave meals lost its thing for me . My hobbies include chatting on puter , crafts ,White tigers and watching reality shows ( GO GIANNA ).. big brother especially .
Cheers Jules
Ps ... gots to get cam up and running had to reinstall 98 on puter so hopefull ill send a pic soon
hushpuppy

In your honour Pam

Postby Ed » Thu May 19, 2005 9:52 am

Pam, in honour of you being the first registered user of this forum and your efforts in helping it along the road to helping others, we've decided to name the weightloss.com.au logo (purple lady in the top left-hand corner of this screen) Pam after you.

While purple Pam is currently only featured on the weightloss forum, we believe that she represents our 'happier, healthier you' philosophy and so will become more and more prevalent as we incorporate her more into the design of the total website.

We hope you are as pleased about having this great logo named after you as we are about naming it in your honour.

Thanks again for being the first weightloss forum registered member and for your support.

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby Maraver » Thu May 19, 2005 9:42 pm

I feel quite honoured
thankyou
Pam
Maraver

Hi all, I'm new, please help.

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:24 pm

Hi there. I'm Sally. I'm 26. living in Melbourne. I thought it might be helpful to join a forum with others who are looking to lose weight. I seem to have a severe lack of motivation and am wondering if anyone has any tips to helping me get more motivated.

Thanks.

Sally
Sally

Hi Pam

Postby Hayley » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi Pam, in response to your reply ages ago, I live in Exmouth, WA. Used to live in Guildford (20 years actually), then moved to Kununurra, WA, to teach in the school up there. By the way Pam, you're a great motivator -always so happy and positive. Thanks! Hayley
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Maraver » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:54 pm

Thanks Hayley, thats a really nice thing to say
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Introductions