It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Free Newsletter

New member - no stranger to try and fail weight loss

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New member - no stranger to try and fail weight loss

Postby liss » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi There, Well today I have a doctors appointment and I was almost going to suggest myself into Xenical....a desperate attempt on mt behalf to try and lose weight. I have decided though as a last ditch effort to try another natural method and have ordered the Gabriel Method two minutes ago. I have decided that I will try and keep a log on my progress by sharing my thoughts and efforts with you guys as I can see you have been a source of inspiration to each other. My past methods of weightloss have been isowhey, chooz to looz, another dietician one, John tickell ( who I still like but have found it hard as his recipes are a bit out of my league other than the soups). I am 34 years old and a mother to a four year old and wife to a non vege eating lovable man (lots of carbs). Which means me at 172 cms tall but 117 kgs is considered very overweight or obese. So there we have it I have admitted my weight. First step done. I now want to look at having another child but know the dangers of being overweight and pregnancy so i look to reading through your stories and drawing inspiration to fight this never ending battle of mine which has lingered unchanged for four years now and was looming its ugly head years before that. I go to the gym three times a week, doing step - pump and Vive and have desperately tried to change my diet with obvious slip ups along the way but i can feel i am gaining muscle but not losing the fat. Well I want this to be my first step to a healthy weight loss. I look forward to reading your posts on different issues so I can physically move forward too. Thanks for existing and that I was able to find you!! liss
liss

Re: New member - no stranger to try and fail weight loss

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 pm

oh my gosh, I have the same problem - gaining muscle but not losing the fat! i think it ends up converting to muscle! (if that's poss)

anyway Welcome to the forum Liss and good luck with your journey!
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:19 pm

Hello, welcome and best of luck in acheiving what you set out to :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Welcome along Liss :)

Have you ever considered calorie king? I find it a great program, you can eat the same food as your partner just in different serving sizes. I find if I try a diet program that means I have to completely change all my eating habits I fail miserably, but CK is very easy to stick too and I think quite a few people around here use it.

Best of luck!
Jisgone

Postby BBgal » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Welcome... and good luck!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby cherricola » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Liss,

Firstly, welcome to the forums... :)

Secondly, we seem to have a fair bit in common... :) We are the same height, and both looking to fall pregnant... Well I was, but have recently (last week) decided to go back on the pill and wait until I've lost the weight as I don't want to be overweight and unhealthy when bringing a child in to the world... We've also started at similar starting weights... A couple of years ago I was 120kg, now I'm down to 103kg, and I am hoping to be 70kg by June next year for my friends wedding (I'm Maid of Honour) and then maybe a little less for my own wedding in September...

Anyway - best of luck with your journey and if you ever feel like a chat, drop me a PM - it would be nice to chat to someone with similar goals and be able to support each other.

Cheers,
C.xx
cherricola

Postby Gordz » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:23 am

well what a nice opening post! welcome to the forums Liss! Nothing wrong with gaining muscle, muscle eats fat! Keep at it and i'm sure this bunch o' nice ppl will all support you through your journey!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby sam v » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

You guyz .... are so supportive.. i luv this!!

well just wanted to share since i am new at this.. unfortunately not so new at the weight losing thing... well so far.. isowhey has seemed to work for me.. i guess it becomes a lifestyle change, your eating habits, whats good for your body and whats bad .... and not to mention exercising... grrr....
sam v

Return to Introductions