It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie... Candygirl :0)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie... Candygirl :0)

Postby candygirl » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:37 pm

Hi to all!

I'm a mother of two.. a bistro cook.. and a part time massage therapist. I'm reasonably active and participate in high intensity kickboxing 4-5 times per week, 1.5hrs per training session. You'd think I'd be kicking butt in the toning and weightloss department but I guess as I'm creeping up in age my metabolism isn't what it use to be :cry: Not to worry though, as I've learnt in the last year since joining kickboxing that the mental and energy benefits are so rewarding at the end of each session.. I've finally found some form of physical activity that I really enjoy! :D

So I have a couple of important dates coming up soon.. The most important being Sept 4th, a close friends wedding in which I want to look and feel radiant!

I don't have too much to lose, taking into consideration my height and build. Today I weigh in at 70kg exactly... my goal would be 64kg.. I always use to feel my best at 64kg :D

I choose all of you who have taken notice of this post to be my witnesses, and to ask for your kind help in keeping a close eye on my progression! IT STARTS TOMORROW.... daily morning 5km walk, healthy eating combined with 4-5 sessions at the gym and my usual routine of kickboxing... I should be able to kick most of those unwanted 6 kilos within the 4-5 week span! Fingers crossed guys!

I will keep you informed each Sunday, announcing my loss in kilos and cms... good luck to me and to the rest who have taken the pledge to lose weight and to become more energetic and healthy... YAY!!!

candygirl

Postby Serena » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am

Welcome aboard! You certainly sound like one busy woman and you seem to have a great positive attitude. I'm sure you'll reach your goal, soon. Kickboxing sounds like fun.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi Candygirl,
welcome to our merry little group. I love how you're so active (I'm hoping some of it might rub on on me)
I'd say if you're really active and your metabolism is still slow then the only way to lose those few kilo is to cut down on the food intake slightly.
Is Candygirl short for Candice or are you a girl who loves to indulge in candy?

Dolly
Dolly

Thank you both for the nice welcome!

Postby candygirl » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:35 pm

:D Thanking you for the welcome! Yes I do agree Dolly, my metabolism is quite drowsy and I do need to be more aware of what I indulge in... and yes "Candygirl" is just a nickname to take the mickey out of myself because I do have a nasty little sweet tooth :twisted: ... don't we all :wink:

I am a little bummed at the moment though as I have just returned from Hotham after my first week long attempt to conquer snowboarding... what a painful yet extremelly enjoyable experience lol! I have injured my arm and ribs though.. so I wont be able to go as hard at kickboxing this week :( I will recover though, and hopefully I will be able to tackle both kickboxing and more snowboarding (if the season picks up a little!) with more gusto very soon!

Thanks again guys... will keep in touch!
candygirl

Postby Maraver » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 pm

Nice to see you again Candy girl my son often does some DJ work at Hotham and he loves snowboarding
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Introductions