It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Sick of ME!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Sick of ME!!

Postby Furrballz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:41 pm

Hello everyone!
I am Terri-Ann and I am 36yo with 3 kids and a hubby. I used to be a very fit athletic person BC, but now...since the pregnancies and being diagnosed with metabolic problems, I am finding it almost impossible to lose weight.
I weigh 115kgs and I am only 5ft tall...so I know I desperately need to lose weight so i can feel better about ME and being inside my own skin.
I have had the best success with the Atkins programe, but found it very expensive food wise and as we went down to a single income family not long after my Mum died from lung cancer last year, I just couldnt keep up the cost of the meat.
I need someone to kick my butt and help get me moving without allowing me to have the excuses I use to not get out there and walk at least...and so i have applied to be on the Bigest Loser 2nd season here in Australia.
Be nice to get in...but I have decided I am not going to wait to see if I do get in, and that I need to make some lifestyle changes for me, now!
I am mostly interested in finding out more about a eating plan that gets the metabolism moving by more frequent, small meals....so anyone that does this kind of plan, please drop in and give me some advice!!
I look forward to getting to know some of you better!
Hugs and Kitty Kisses,
Terri-Ann
xxx
Furrballz

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:49 am

Hi Terri-Anne, and a big welcome to the forum.
I also have a metabolic problem (they call it hypothyroidism where the thyroid gland fails due to lack of iodine in the diet} Luckily the Tony Ferguson Program I've been doing on and off has got iodine in it and my thyroid is actually improving with the doc cutting back my medication.

I hope someone here will be able to help you with mini meal ideas.
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Hi Terri Anne,
sorry to hear about your mum. If they aren't medicating you, try taking kelp tablets - they supplement your iodine intake and might help kickstart your thyroid again. If you are medicated, check with the doc first.
And keep at the exercise!!!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:28 pm

Hi Terri-Ann and welcome to the forum.

I'm a big fan of the small frequent meals idea and would eat every 2-3 hours until dinner then don't usually have anything after that. However, I am on the light n easy plan so the food is pretty much set up that way. I have recently added another snack in the morning usually diet yoghurt as I have breakfast very early and I find the gap between breaky and lunch too wide for one snack plus I usually exercise before lunch and need more fuel at that time. When I go off the plan I will be keeping a similar format for my meals and snacks as it seems to work for me.

Anyway enough rambling. Good luck with your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Furrballz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Thanks Dolly and Tegan,
Its not my thyroid that is affected, so I dont know if the kelp would help...I appreciate the tip, tho!
I have insuline resistance from having polysystic ovarian syndrome and am not currently on any medication.

Losing my Mum has hit me even harder than I would have thought. I still have 3 of 4 g'parents alive and living fairly independantly, and although I am not a stranger to grief (I had several miscarriages and a baby die while having my children) Losing Mum at 59yo has been extremely hard.
I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy...

Thanks for the tip kim...
I guess I need to find a plan/diet that I can use long-term and I am a little clueless at where to start at this point.
I cant afford to pay anything for the plan, either as being on 1 income has strict limitations for us.

Any tips on which direction to go in would be greatfully accepted! lol
Hugs and Kitty Kisses,
Terri-Ann
xxx
Furrballz

Postby KimE » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Terri-Ann

This link http://www.liteneasy.com.au/ourprograms ... m_what.cfm
will take you to the lite n easy menu plans. All of the foods can be found at your local grocery store and the menus may give you an idea on how to plan your meals. It doesn't show dinners on that menu plan as they are ordered separately and come frozen however they are between 380 and 450 grams approx. I find the meals kind of big now and will probably opt for a bigger lunch and smaller dinner when I plan my own meals.

There is also a DIY menu found here http://www.liteneasy.com.au/chefskitchen/diy_menu.cfm

There menus are nothing new and the variety may be hard to achieve but the basic format works well for me.

Hope this helps.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tango44 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:31 pm

I regularly housesit and I usually order lite n easy dinner and I find them extremely nice.
A friend of mine wasn't incredibly happy with them but I am more adventurous than her (she would only order the traditional ones).

Their website is also quite informative as past posts have said.

Morgan
Tango44

Return to Introductions