It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:35 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, almost half way there, wanted some extra support

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, almost half way there, wanted some extra support

Postby MissM47 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi, my name is Emma, I'm 23 in a few weeks, and I have been obese since I was a child. I have gone up and down a few kilos in the last 5 years after I left home. I never really weighed myself back then but I think my heaviest would have been around the 140kg mark. An important part of my story is that I was never ashamed or upset with my weight, I never let it hold me back from doing what I wanted, and I have carried on with life no matter how big I was, partying, my career, meeting new friends, and if I wasn't confident then I basically faked until I made it :P But deep down I knew I was neglecting myself and my health, but giving into my appitite's and craving's every whim.

About this time last year I decided I needed to loss weight, as I got my first Medical scare. At the Doctors, having weighed in at 136kg, and even though in every other way I was healthy, was told that to get minor surgery to help diagnose possible endometriosis was out of the question due to the risk of resistance to anaesthetic. I knew things had to change. So I half assed it for about 3 months, and losing 3 kg, before getting serious and joining a gym.

Since then I have lost an additional 24kg and over a metre off my whole body!!!! I guess my job helps, being a massage therapist I am very active throughout the day and I have come to love working out and being active in general. My eating has slowly become habit, even though it is still a struggle to get out of my extreme binge eating, and my very persistent sweet tooth. Over xmas and recently I fell off the wagon, but I think that break in a KJ restricted diet has actually helped kick start me off again.

I'm 170cm tall and at 109kg sit nicely in a size 18, the first time in many many years, probably not since I was 14. I have thrown out size 26 clothes that I remember fitting me rather snugly and I am actually really happy at the size I am for a while, mostly because I "had" to buy allot of new clothes. But I want to lose another 9 in the next 4 months and then try to maintain while I get my head around being 100kg.

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but that is me for now. I hope this forum can help me with inspiration and will power and any other bumps I come across in the last half of my journey.

Emma!
Female, 23.
SW: 136kg
CW: 109kg
mini goal: 100kg
Final goal: 80kg (will maintain then reassess)

If I couldn't love myself at 136kg, how could I change myself for the better? I needed to love myself in order to help myself. And I am sure that without self-love at 136kg there would be no love at 70kg.
MissM47

Re: Hi, almost half way there, wanted some extra support

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:33 pm

WOW Emma ! You should be proud of yourself !

Welcome to the forum hun and if you need anything at all, just holla :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby MissM47 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh thanks for your welcome :) looks like your doing fabulously as well!!! keep it up!

Emma!
Female, 23.
SW: 136kg
CW: 109kg
mini goal: 100kg
Final goal: 80kg (will maintain then reassess)

If I couldn't love myself at 136kg, how could I change myself for the better? I needed to love myself in order to help myself. And I am sure that without self-love at 136kg there would be no love at 70kg.
MissM47

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Emma, you have done so well and you sound so positive for the future. Keep up the great work and I'll see you around the forums :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby BBgal » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey ! welcome aboard!! , seems like you have done a awesome job so far! keep it up ... you are a inspiration!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Return to Introductions