It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:31 am

Free Newsletter

19 yr old Newbie requires support!!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

19 yr old Newbie requires support!!!!

Postby sweet-tooth » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:15 am

Hi Ladies, and gents.

I am a 19 year old newbie from Brisbane looking for people who are positive influences in the quest for weight loss and a healthy lifestyle!

I am a confident, intelligent, decent looking 19 year old university student. I love spending time with my friends and going out when i can. I enjoy performing on stage and love to sing, dance and act.

At least this is who i used to be........

I am also obese.....and as a result have lost confidence within myself. I have fell into a constant hole of over eating, under exercising and ignoring my body in general.

I have, however, taken the hardest step, and have decided to do something about it!!!!! Apart from joining a cheap, impersonal gym, i am requiring support from anyone willing to offer!!!!! Being a university student, my funds are limited, and I cannot afford to join any expensive online programs.

I have planned a trip to Bali with my mother (they had some very cheap flights) in August just after my 20th birthday. I would like to lose a substantial amount of weight before then!

I am not shy (hence the performance loving) and so have also included some recent photos of myself. And yes, i choose the ones that looked the best! :P

Current weight = 76 kilos
goal 1 weight = 70 kilos
goal 2 weight = 64
goal 3 weight = 59
goal 4 weight = 56
Total weight loss required = 20 kilos

Wish me luck!!!! And good luck your personal goal!!!! :D
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 363 times
better photo to upload.jpg
better photo to upload.jpg (33.43 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Re: 19 yr old Newbie requires support!!!!

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:16 am

Hi sweet-tooth, there is always heaps of support from anybody here and the forums are a great read.
Welcome, best of luck and see you around :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby longy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Welcome Sweet-tooth!!! Can I start off by saying you are gorgeous! Love your hair darlin, I wish I could grow mine like that!!! I hope you like it here, it's a wonderful support network- keeps the motivation strong and forgives you when you can't do it yourself!!! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Postby sweet-tooth » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your warm welcomings! It is so nice to know that there are people out there who are willing to help and support others like myself.

I experienced my first challenge yesterday; Sunday afternoon drinks with friends. Although, i decided to 1. save on money and 2. avoid nominating myself as designated driver.

So i was quite happy with myself for eliminating any temptation.

P.S i love all the forums here. It seems like there's a forum for everything that i can relate to/experience.

Thanks again!

Postby BBgal » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Welcome aboard!!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)

Return to Introductions