It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello!

Postby Fluffy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi there everyone,

This is first time I have ever joined an on-line forum. I just wanted to say hi and I hope that you can all give me some help on my weight loss journey. I am 33 years old and have been overweight most of my life and I am tired of it! I can see that other people have been able to change and I think I can too! I hope to get to know you all...
Fluffy

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:09 am

Hiya Fluffy, welcome to the forum. You seem to have a very positive attitude and that is what is important. The biggest advice I can give, relax and don't stress about it too much. Because it takes a long time to lose weight. I figured it took me 5 years to put on the 10kgs I need to lose, so I figure it will take me at least 1 year to lose it. The slower it comes off, the more likely you are to keep it off. Everyone gets frustrated if only a small or no amount comes off, but you have to stick with it. Change your diet, even if it is only slightly. Instead of having full cream milk, change to hi-lo or skim, buy low fat cheese, have a salad for lunch instead of a burger and chips. Small changes like that make a huge impact. You may have dessert every night, cut that out if you can. Just make a couple of changes to your diet and start exercising. If you don't exercise at all then I would suggest walking or swimming. They are low impact and you can gradually build it up to longer time and faster pace. And another thing you should do is measure yourself. Neck, bust, waist, each leg and each arm. O and hip, so you measure your bum!!! :lol: With me that is always the first thing that changes in size! If I am exercising a fair bit it gets lovely and small. Soon as I start to put on weight it gets chunky!! Just remember small things can make a big difference in the weight loss stakes. If you have a piece of clothing that is a bit tight then put it to one side and in a months time try it on again and see how it fits. I've got a pair of 3/4 pants that I bought before chrissy and they were tight and looked pretty bad on, yet I still WORE them out in PUBLIC!!!! Anyway they are quite loose now. They are really comfy but I certainly wouldn't want them to be much tighter tho. I have lost about 5cm around my bum and about 8cm off my belly. I've lost a bit elsewhere as well but that is the biggest amounts. Yet the scales only say 3kgs!!! So that is why it is important to measure because muscle weighs more than fat! Anyway I have yabbered on here for quite long enough. You probably knew everything I have just said!!! Take care and good luck.
Rochelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:35 pm

Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Hi Fluffy and welcome to the forum!
Good on you for making a healthy dicision for your life! This forum is full of information and support, so I hope that can help you with your goal!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:40 pm

Hello fluffy and welcome to the forum.

Be sure to check out all of the great information pages on this site as well as the forum. Plenty of support and friendly people here so you have come to the right place.

Good luck with your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Thanks everyone

Postby Fluffy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:36 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies! I have downloaded my ticker so now it is for everyone to see how far I have to go...I know I can get there. Thanks for the advice thus far! :D
Fluffy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Welcome fluffy! we both have the same goal and start in the same area, lets see who reaches it first. ;)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby lucyloo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi I joined this forum a while back but this is my first time posting... So hiya guys Im lucyloo
lucyloo

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:52 pm

Hi Lucyloo, welcome to the forum
Dolly

Return to Introductions