It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi and a big thanks!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi and a big thanks!

Postby skinnymini » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Kylie and I am 27...

I thought I may have taken over another post "the final sabotage" so I thought I better introduce myself and repost my rant in the introduction section! Sabotage gets me very passionate :oops: :oops: :oops: I apologise Molly :oops:

This is what I wrote and it pretty much explains my current situation:

skinnymini wrote:I have been lurking in this forum for a while - it is fabulous! I had no idea what Calorie King was until I stumbled upon this forum - I joined both here and Calorie King and I have gone from 83.4kg to 78.2kg in about 4 weeks, so firstly THANK YOU to everyone here! This post has struck a big chord with me. I used to hover around 66-70kg (I am 178cm tall) and fitted size 10/12 clothes easily....well fast forward 3 years and my size 14 jeans were very, very, very tight. EEEK!

I believe largely because I met a partner and he LOVES his food! "Lets go have coffee and cake" "Lets get something yummy" are his favourite lines, I slowly succumbed to eating c*** and getting addicted to sugar. When I couldn't get my jeans on, something in me switched, I joined a gym (doing all the classes) and found this site...but I have had to constantly battle my partner, friends and workmates. A classic example with my partner being right now - we just had a yummy tea - pork and vegies and I was sitting down to a yogurt. He proceeded to cut 3 thick slices of white bread and put butter and jam (as dessert!) on it and then commented "man I love thick toast" "mmmm, mmm, mmm" I hit the roof!!!!!!!!!!! Then his response was - "well you were eating a yogurt!" I know at the end of the day, the choice is mine to put it in my mouth, but geez its hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ask him to be supportive (he is in the defence force and has a very active job) and he goes "no worries" and then 3 days later he starts with the "cake, coffee, toast, etc" comments *sigh* I underestimated how vigilant I have to be...

My workplace is generally healthy eaters they are always on weight watchers etc, but I noticed when I expressed my concern over my weight I had people comment "you are tall, you can carry it off or you aren't as bad as me " bla bla bla....also another friends standard line is "we don't have the same bodies we did when we were 20, as we get older...bla bla" I know metabolism changes, but at only 27, I can't use that excuse LOL! or others who bring tim tams when they drop over.......or my family who say its genetic because they are overweight too! I am responsible for my health but sabotage is such a huge hurdle and I have noticed, particularly as I have started seeing a difference in how I look and how my clothes fit, the sabotage has gotten worse. Human nature is very curious indeed!

Thanks again everyone for this wonderful website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *rant over* :D :D :D

I have found so much inspiration on this forum, thank you, thank you, thank you! It is so nice to read everyone's progress (ups and downs) and realise that I am human if I fall off the wagon. I look forward to participating in the forum!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Re: Hi and a big thanks!

Postby Gordz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 am

great post Skinny, I can relate alot to that. My ex was much the same way, and it really does make it hard! But looking at the whole, you've caught onto your weight problem early, and hey... 27 isn't old at all! Plus, after bobbies mammoth loss on biggest loser this year, age is no longer an excuse! :twisted:

so stay strong girly, you haven't even got 20kg to lose... get on it and we all have your back =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby skinnymini » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:45 am

thanks heaps gordz :D this forum is fantastic! thanks for the welcome :D
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby BBgal » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:44 am

Welcome!!!!!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:14 am

Hello skinnymini, welcome and best of luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:16 am

Hi babe,
Welcome and good luck!!!
I am similar in height to you - 176cm. I am currently about 70kg (although I no longer weigh myself, I do a lot of weights training so my weight fluctuates and this depresses me. I am currently measuring myself based on my size 10 jeans - almost there :)) I went up to about 79kg at my highest, for similar reasons to you as well. I started seeing my boyfriend, who is incredibly muscly and fit, and would be eating chops for breakfast!!! not so good!!! Anyway I have had a lot of eating habit issues to deal with but I'm happy to say I'm almost there. It did take me about a year and a half though, so I hope it takes you quicker! Sounds like it will, you are powering through!
Best of luck xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Kylie!

Welcome and I look forward to reading about your journey!!!

Jo
xx
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby starr22 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Skinny :D Welcome to the forum! Sounds like we have similar goals and are similar weights right now. Maybe we can spur each other on! God knows I need someone to kick my butt right now :lol: Best of luck with everything.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Gordz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 pm

*kicks stars arse*
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby starr22 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm

:lol: Thanx Gordz hehehe
[/url]
starr22

Postby Gordz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 pm

I was sent by god.... he said you said he knows what you needed

love lots ^_^
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby starr22 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:22 pm

:lol: :lol: too funny Gordz. You have made me smile tonight :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby Gordz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:24 pm

oh, didn't you read any of my posts this morning then.... wasted. :lol: 8)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby starr22 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 pm

:lol:
[/url]
starr22

Postby skinnymini » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:51 pm

wow thank you so much for everyone's replies! I am overwhelmed with the weclome :D Thanks for making me feel at home :D

starr22 wrote:Hi Skinny :D Welcome to the forum! Sounds like we have similar goals and are similar weights right now. Maybe we can spur each other on! God knows I need someone to kick my butt right now :lol: Best of luck with everything.

Sounds good!!!! count me in :D

fi_112 wrote:Hi babe,
Welcome and good luck!!!
I am similar in height to you - 176cm. I am currently about 70kg (although I no longer weigh myself, I do a lot of weights training so my weight fluctuates and this depresses me. I am currently measuring myself based on my size 10 jeans - almost there :)) I went up to about 79kg at my highest, for similar reasons to you as well. I started seeing my boyfriend, who is incredibly muscly and fit, and would be eating chops for breakfast!!! not so good!!! Anyway I have had a lot of eating habit issues to deal with but I'm happy to say I'm almost there. It did take me about a year and a half though, so I hope it takes you quicker! Sounds like it will, you are powering through!
Best of luck xxx

LOL chops for breakfast that is Amazing!! My partner doesn't eat any breakfast and then proceeds to eat 3 helpings of whatever we have for tea and then a bowl of cereal...go figure :roll: MEN LOL! Well done on the 70kg...that is such a great effort! I have also had a few eating issues and I think its true that you have to come to terms with them before you can truely be okay with everything (I am getting there too, but its hard!). I have all these piles of clothes in my wardrobe that I refuse to part with because I will one day I will fit them again! I am hoping by Christmas, that is my goal to get back into my expensive jeans LOL. My motivation has been for myself this time - its like something has switched inside me and I just couldn't live the way I was living and be happy. I think I have come to realise that only I have the power and control to change my life...it is a big lifestyle change, but this time I am willing to do it. I think i saw the photo of you in your jeans yesterday you look fab-u-lous...not much longer to go for you now! Thanks for the lovely welcome :D

Oh and Gordz I am guessing you have a great sense of humour LOL! I have read through some of your posts you crack me up!
[/url]
skinnymini

Next

Return to Introductions