It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Subway diet - does it work?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Subway diet - does it work?

Postby i_luv_pizza » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi all,

I luv 2 things - pizza & spending money in takeaway stores

I have heard about the subway diet and am thinking that they may be the solution for me.

I live in the north west suburbs of sydney and work about 70 hours a week - normally have junk food at least once a day - sometimes 3.

Im 36 male weigh 120kg and am 176cm tall, i want to get back down to between 80-85kg

found this site and read a couple of posts and i thought id say hi.

Have tried dieting before with no real success, joined gyms only to stop going after a couple of visits.

How am i going to survive without pizza?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
i_luv_pizza

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Hi I_luv_pizza welcome to the forum.
You have to remember that Jared Fogle walked heaps, he only had a coffee for breakfast and his lunch time sub had mustard but no cheese, dressings or mayonnaise, his dinner time sub was a veggie delite that contained no cheese, dressings or mayonnaise

Click here ImageThe Subway Diet
Good luck on your new diet venture.
Last edited by Dolly on Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby i_luv_pizza » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:30 pm

Thanks for that dolly,

I have just read about the tony fergerson diet - that may suit me better - are there any links to past topics?
[/url]
i_luv_pizza

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:43 pm

At the moment I think there's only Hayley and myself doing the TF Diet from this forum. I believe it's the fastest weight loss diet around.
Here's a link to the forum - LINK
Their forum is a bit too crowded and we both found it difficult to find someone once you've posted and it's impossible to post your weight there in a group like you can here, but there is a section for questions for the staff, success pictures and also Tony Ferguson himself has posted a message there. It sure would be great if you would join us here with your experience on the program - http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/view ... 20&start=0
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:01 pm

Hello I_luv_pizza and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you could learn to make your own home made healthier pizzas. Wholemeal bases using pita bread, reduced fat cheese and less of it, less processed meats, more vegies that sort of thing.

Whatever you decide best of luck. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Aldebaran » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:28 am

Hi I_Luv_Pizza. There was a time when I thought the five basic food groups were pizza, beer, icecream, hotdogs and KFC :)
Aldebaran

Postby Dolly » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:35 pm

lol
Dolly

Postby i_luv_pizza » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:04 am

Aldebaran wrote:Hi I_Luv_Pizza. There was a time when I thought the five basic food groups were pizza, beer, icecream, hotdogs and KFC :)

I had pizza again last night

My own designed low cal-low fat version

Organic tomato paste on top of a wheat wrap sheet, with a toping of mushrooms, capsicum, chile, garlic, onion, tomato, eggplant, corriander, smoked alantic salmon and a dolop of light sour cream.

Yummy

I am starting to get sick of subways after a week.
[/url]
i_luv_pizza

Postby Aldebaran » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:12 am

i_luv_pizza wrote:
Organic tomato paste on top of a wheat wrap sheet, with a toping of mushrooms, capsicum, chile, garlic, onion, tomato, eggplant, corriander, smoked alantic salmon and a dolop of light sour cream.

Yummy

I am starting to get sick of subways after a week.

Yeah. That works. I also use anchovies a lot - just one or two. Even though they are highly calorific, you don't need much to give a strong taste, and the fish oil is beneficial anyway.

I also like John West Tuna spread (there are probably other brands, but as an avid label reader, I've yet to find another brand that low in calories). It's pretty low in calories and high on taste, even though they don't advertise it as a diet food.

Diet cottage cheese can be quite effective as a cheese for pizza too. I use the weight watchers one. It melts quite nicely (as long as you drain it), and you can sprinkle on some chilli powder if want an edge on it. I use finely sliced tomatoes instead of tomato paste, but tomato paste in itself is ok.

Subways are ok now and again.
Aldebaran

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:25 pm

I was about to say you don't need to get rid of pizza entirely (I believe 'banned' foods are responsible for many weight loss give ups) you just have to be careful how you do it. Do a healthy alternative with less cheese and more vegies - I do an occasional home made pizza with a base of some kind and then topped with all kinds of vegies some fetta and a light sprinkle of tasty cheese.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions