It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 am

Free Newsletter

New here, 25kgs to lose and 4 months to do it in!!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here, 25kgs to lose and 4 months to do it in!!!!

Postby ThisTime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi Everyone..

I'm Fay from the Gold Coast.. but please don't hold that against me!
I have a BIG birthday coming up.. and I want to be fit healthy and fabulous before it gets here!

I'm currently on a diet similar to Cohens that a dietician friend put together.. I think it's working, but I'm waiting another 2 weeks for my first weigh in because I know that if I haven't lost big numbers I will get depressed and possibly give up!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Fay
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrEkuJU/]
[/url]
ThisTime

Re: New here, 25kgs to lose and 4 months to do it in!!!!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Fay, and welcome to the forum!
Good luck with your goals, you might find it a bit hard to reach the very end in that time frame (generally a good guide is approx 1kg per week for a good rate of weight loss), but you will certainly get a long way there and I bet you'll be looking and feeling fabulous for that birthday! :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ThisTime » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks Butterfly Dawn!

I know it's alot, I have never actually lost more than 2 kgs in 6 months on ANY diet or exercise scheme (or both) I've been on.

But this one seems to be working!!!!! I haven't weighed myself yet, (almost at 3 weeks, gonna wait for 1 month to be up) but my clothes definitely feel looser and a couple of people have noticed the difference. I'm so excited to be doing something that actually WORKS!

Now I just pray it keeps working.

Even if I reach a size 12 by my birthday I'll be happy (I'm a 16-18 now)... I just wanted it to be over by then so I could eat my birthday cake!!! :D
Probably a bad attitude to have really.. but... if I'm looking slim when I hit my scariest birthday to date, well I'll feel a whole lot better about myself, that's for sure!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrEkuJU/]
[/url]
ThisTime

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:42 pm

LOL, I think a slice of birthday cake will be fine, even if you're still on that journey. Don't forget that if you want it to stay off, you can't just stop and go back to your old ways or it will all come back again. By all means do what you need to to lose it, but just make sure you have a plan to keep going after you finish in a way that you'll be able to maintain those gains :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby frangipani » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Good luck Fay! I mean that sincerely. I would love to be approx 25kgs lighter come xmas...bad time I know...but hot weather, skimpier clothes etc. Something that always helps me along, is I dont just focus on the weight on the scales, I grab something out of my wardrobe that is a little snug ot alot tight, and make that my goal, sa I find hopping on the scales depressing....especially if I have been good and I dont lose what I think I should have.

I also focus on other aspects, such as thinking about a new hair style I'd like once I feel better about myself. Pamper myself and generally try to become one with my body and looks in general. Then, at the end of the day, I know I will look and feel better about myself. Sounds all good here in text, but I need help for keeping me motivated, so let's do this together. We can be beside each other in this journey.
I want to become the best I can be!
frangipani

Return to Introductions