It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:28 am

Free Newsletter

QTPIE IS HERE

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

QTPIE IS HERE

Postby qtpie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi my name is Jess

I once joined this site in much last year and started a weightloss journy and failed gaining 5 kg rapidly bringing me up to 96kg, I have lost the extra kgs and I'm now back to my original starting weigh at 91.1kg. this tiime I have a new diet and a new expercise program I'm going to follow so once I have the will power I should be able to get the weight going.

I now need the movivation and will power to start again, when I was 20 - 21 I has lots of will power and lost 15 kg going from 90kg to 75kg, i don't know where that will power came from and I don't know where it went and how to get it back, I have tried several times and failed, i keep failing no matter what I do i keep failing, hopefully this time will be different, i will get back into shape, I will be 26 this year now, I have almost lost amy 20's being over weight.

I am loosing weight for more health reasons as there is a history of high blood pressure, diabete, and heart attck in my family, not to mention a whole heap of other problems that my mother had, when she turned 50 she had all these problems, she is sore all the time, can't sleep, and has other problems and she is grumpy most of the time, she is not fit and healthy, my mum's sister also has this prob and so did their mother, I don't want to turn out like that, I don't want my life to be over by the time I'm in my fifties, the only way to prevent this is to loose the bulge, so here I am.

other then that i enjoy horse riding, dancing, singing, reading, AFL go bombers!, horror movies, heavey metal music, hanging out with my friends, making new friends, gym, etc.
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Re: QTPIE IS HERE

Postby Miss Jo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Hey Jess, you sound like you know what you want this time around!!!

Good like with your goals!!! :D

We're all behind you

Jo
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby Czarina » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I think you have got your motivation in your post; your health and family history. Motivation and will power are not what you need to lose weight and be consistent, if every area of our lives came down to motivation we wouldn't go to work! I have heard Craig Harper talking about motivation and will power and how that should not be what drives a healthy lifestyle, as it comes and goes. Do you need to be motivated to brush your teeth in the morning? No, you just do it, that's how losing weight and staying healthy should be...you just do it. Keep within your calories and exercise, it really is that simple. We may have ups and downs along the way, but if you are consistent for the most part, you will see results. :D

P.S. Boo Bombers! Go Demons! :wink:
Czarina

Postby qtpie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm

thanks for the welcomes guys and the advice, Czarina you have some good points about the will power I guess it comes down to your lifestyle choice, eg: brushing your teath, this time I am having all my meals calorie controled and I now know I don't have to cut out the food I love such as pizza and choclate, i know how much of that I can have without destroying my diet or going over my calorie limit, the first time around I avoided those food altogether, but in the end I just ate it and ate til it all the weight came back (over a peroid of time).

Thanks guys!

P.S Boo Demons! lol

FAILED

qtpie

Postby DeeEm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Wishing you all the very best this time round, Jess!
Debbie
Start Date: 28 Mar 09
What I want to achieve:
1st Goal - 10kgs (end of May) - Reward: Wii Fit DONE
2nd Goal - 12.1kg (June 11 - DH's Birthday) - Reward: Reward enough in itself! DONE
3rd Goal - 15kgs (Aug 3 - DS's Birthday) - Reward: My Fitness Coach (Wii Fit) DONE
4th Goal - 20kgs (Mid-October for a wedding) - Reward: New clothes!
5th Goal - 30kgs (Christmas) - Reward: a digi-cam? Not sure.
DeeEm

Postby qtpie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm

thanks Dee!

FAILED

qtpie

Postby Shea » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi Jess,
Like you I am right at the start of my journey and am 27 this year (feeling like my 20's are slipping away overweight also). I am in agreeance over losing weight for health reasons. I worked in the fitness industry for 3 years and was so over the whole "fake" unrealistic body images! I think this is partly the reason why I am stuck in this rut... it was all so superficial. I wanted to help people be healthier on the inside... not watch idiots that will destroy themselves for washboard abs or big guns. Anyway, I think that it is a positive move to lose weight for health reasons, not for image (of course image naturally comes with health anyway). As I say to my husband... evertime we eat junk food we could be potentially shortening our lives and it could be the difference between meeting our grandkids... or not.
Good luck with your goals and for a healthier life!
Shea
My Britney concert countdown
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRuORqU/]
[/url]

Overall goal
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wm2HILP/]
[/url]

SW: 105.7 29/6
GW: 70
CW: 104.3 2/7
G1: 85
Shea

Postby qtpie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:24 pm

thanks Shea, I agree wiht you on eating the junk and shortening our lifes, eating badly can lead to all kind of health problems later in life (or earlier) having an unhealthy lifestyle can lead to different types f cancers and heart problems (just to name a couple) I belive that image is the wrong reason and like you have seen, gives you an unrealistic goal, I just want to be healthier.

thanks for the welcome!

FAILED

qtpie

Postby Czarina » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 pm

It's good that you're not cutting out all of the "naughty" foods. Everything in moderation! It's all about lifestyle change and not a diet, good on you! :D
Czarina

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Jess,
Welcome to the forum and all the best - I hope you've learned whatever it was you needed to learn from your last effort so you can keep going this time!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby qtpie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I have leanred heaps I going ok this time, did slip over the weekend though thanks for the welcome!

FAILED