It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi... my name is Debbie and I'm a food-a-holic!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hi... my name is Debbie and I'm a food-a-holic!

Postby kitten1986 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks for your advice Debbie :D
I have only been on my diet for a few days so I havent buckled to temptation with food I shouldnt have yet. But I am sure I will be in a few weeks. Its really hard to make food for everyone else and not be able to eat it :? I made a really yummy smelling curry the other night and it was sooooo hard not to eat it too haha I just kept thinking about a particular skirt that I have in my closet that doesnt fit me and that I would love to wear in summer this year.

I am thinking about buying an x-trainer for home too. I figured it will be cheaper than getting a gym membership and I will be able to use it anytime I want (I am a bit of a late night exerciser). Which one do you have? I have been looking around on the internet for one but I am still not sure what to look for in a x-trainer.

Oh and congrats on your 27 mins!!!!! That is such a fantastic effort last time I used a x-trainer (a few years ago) I could only do 15mins before collapsing in a heap on the floor :oops:
kitten1986

Postby DeeEm » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:38 am

See that's what I love about CS, Kitten... I can pretty much adapt our family meals enough so we can all enjoy it. Sometimes I have to go without something that the rest of them are having but, for the most part, they're happy to have what I'm having. I'm really lucky that my hubby will eat just about anything and actually prefers the healthier option. We still have spag bol but we have it over steamed veges instead of pasta - I actually really like it and don't miss pasta! Crazy!
I've just recently tried the empower wraps (low carb wraps) and they're very nice... so I can now enjoy a wrap! Gotta love that!

My x-trainer is just a cheapy one. I think we paid about $400 for it. We simply don't have the room for a big, fancy machine but we're also not in a position to spend a couple of grand on a piece of exercise equip. It's a good workout though and it's been worth it. I'm proud to say that it's not just gathering dust - I actually use it!!
Debbie
Start Date: 28 Mar 09
What I want to achieve:
1st Goal - 10kgs (end of May) - Reward: Wii Fit DONE
2nd Goal - 12.1kg (June 11 - DH's Birthday) - Reward: Reward enough in itself! DONE
3rd Goal - 15kgs (Aug 3 - DS's Birthday) - Reward: My Fitness Coach (Wii Fit) DONE
4th Goal - 20kgs (Mid-October for a wedding) - Reward: New clothes!
5th Goal - 30kgs (Christmas) - Reward: a digi-cam? Not sure.
DeeEm

Postby kitten1986 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:06 pm

ooh also with 'pasta' you can cut ribbons of carrot and zucchini with a vegetable peeler and use it as the pasta thats my favourite way to do it :D

I am also thinking of getting a cheapie one too... Its just a matter of finding one that will suit me I have heard that kmart and target have pretty good x trainers but I havent seen them yet.
kitten1986

Postby Miss Jo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey Kitten,
I was thinking about buying this http://www.oo.com.au/Magnetic_Cross_Trainer_with_Te_P11467.cfm - but i joined the gym instead hehe

I'm not sure how it is but it seems like good value!
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby shrinkme » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi Debbie

I am hearing you about the foodaholic bit... I think I am too. I often see one of those nicotine replacement ads where the little guys in the cartoon lady's head are trying to talk her into lighting up a cigi. Thats how I feel about sweets... I told my husband but he just looked at me funny! :shock:

I was doing cs too. I think I might have seen some of your posts on the forum. I have just finished my 11th week. Probably only really did about 6 of them truth be told, the last month or so has been a complete shocker. I was doing really well and getting good losses and then my motivation went. And birthday parties, a week at my mum's, my birthday... all the usual excuses :oops: ... Suffice to say am not doing so good now, and have decided to go on the look out for another program. Is sewing your mouth shut a program, as sometimes that seems like the only valid option - lol!

I do know that my exercising is what has saved me, with what I have been eating lately I would have put on a lot more if it wasn't for that. I see you are a fan of the Wii Fit. You should try the new personal trainer one they brought out in May. It's pretty fab, I love it (just waiting for the money to come through from my sponsorship deal - lol!)

Anyway, thought I would give this forum a go. I like the fact that it is about weight loss, not one particular product. Maybe I will find something that suits me??

Cheers - Mel
shrinkme

Previous

Return to Introductions