It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Maintanence out the window

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Maintanence out the window

Postby neatz » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:21 pm

hey everyone im so glad i found this diet forum which i never new existed, especially considering dieting is my life. well i got down to my goal weight about two years ago of 53kg, at my heaviest i was 76kg, but i dieted 4 6months an lost 10kg then had a rest and pretty much starved down 2 53kg where i was happy, i stayed there 4 around a year and a half by either eating healthy or exercising, but in the last 6months i kind of gave up on both especially eating whatever on the weekends and drinking more and put on around 4kg, i have tried half heartedly to lose that 4kg but not really, but im going on holiday in a month and really wana lose the 4kg i put on. so any feedback from anyone trying to get back there would be great. i am 1.65m and 25.
SW - 57.7
GW - 53
LW - 53
CW - 56.7
neatz

Re: Maintanence out the window

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi neatz,
Maintenance is the thing most people struggle with most - because you have to do it for the rest of your life! Ok, so you know you've slipped a little (this it the point I'm at at the moment too). Sounds like you're needing a head check though if you're only doing it half heartedly. Take a good look at what's holding you back, why you want to keep doing what you're doing now (i.e. not bothering) and why you would want to change. Maybe just focus on maintaining your weight where it is for a while while you get yourself to a balanced point to make a decision about where to next.

All the best and welcome to the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions