It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie with Hyperthyroid

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie with Hyperthyroid

Postby beccalg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and as such it will do some double duty as a quick intro. I am a 34yr old female, currently weighing in at 88kg! I'm also 175cm tall. I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and have struggled with my weight for the last 13years. I consider myself to be a very fit person. I work out almost everyday and have done so for the last two years. I go to the beach all the time and compete with Surf Life Saving Australia ( I won three medals at state this year) I'm no slacker when it comes to exercise. The only problem I have is my food choices and I dont think that is enough to make me the weight I am today, alot of it has to do with my thyroid function. I am off to the doctor tomorrow for a review of my weight after a bout of extra work outs and a calorie controlled diet (which hasn't helped). I am hoping that he will prescribe Duromine or something similar to see if this can budge my extra kgs.
So my question is; does anyone currently taking duromine also suffer from thyroid function problems? and if so, are you seeing the same sorts of results some of the other people see?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am sick of being the only fatty on the beach in my cossie!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQmLwb3/]
[/url]
beccalg

Return to Introductions