It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

Wanted to say hi!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted to say hi!

Postby sugar_plum943 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 am

Hi everyone! My name is Nicki, I am 32 a single mum to 5 children including 4 year old triplets and a son with adhd and a borderline intellectual disability

I am a large girl, I seem to lose 20 kgs then lose my motivation... yes food is my comforter and I'm trying so hard to find my motivation again, it comes and it goes if that makes sense but I'm trying to break through a rough patch

I've tried doing so many things but in the end it comes down to finding something sustainable and something that fits in with my family... busy family, hectic and chaotic family

On the upside... being a single parent... I have control what food is bought, what is eaten, etc etc... I was thinking of doing a shake program as mornings are hectic as in my household and I honestly do not have time to sit down and eat

Just thought I'd come and get some support online as I have no support in real life

btw I'm approx 133kgs and my aim is to get down to 70 - 80kgs... I am 171cms tall also... I should also say that since leaving an abusive ex partner in 2006 I have kept off 14kgs so I am happy with that

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and learning new hints and tips... any advise would be sooo appreciated

xxx
sugar_plum943

Re: Wanted to say hi!

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:18 am

Hi sugar_plum943, my advice would be to go and have a look and join up at http://www.calorieking.com.au. even if you don't bother with the forums there it will help teach you about nutrients and to help you keep tabs on your food and exercise.

Welcome and best of luck :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:07 am

Welcome and the best of luck. 5 kids including trippies WOW!! I just had twins 7 weeks ago. I take my hat off to you!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby sugar_plum943 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Shalimar wrote:Hi sugar_plum943, my advice would be to go and have a look and join up at http://www.calorieking.com.au. even if you don't bother with the forums there it will help teach you about nutrients and to help you keep tabs on your food and exercise.

Welcome and best of luck :D .

Thanks Shalimar and YoyoGirl!

Yep I've done the whole calorie king site but I got too obsessed with counting, it did my head in to be honest

yoyogirl: Congrats on your bundles of joy... haha yes I have to say I think it was easier when the triplets were babies, my girls are very very active and bounce off each other... enjoy babyhood before it slips away xxx
sugar_plum943

Postby sarahm » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:53 pm

hi there sugar-plum! welcome to the forum..you will find excellent friendship and support on here! you sound like you must be a very very busy mum! i have 2-10 yrs and 6 yrs. look forward to following your progress! best wishes-sarahm.xx
sarahm

Return to Introductions