It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 am

Free Newsletter

Hi there from new member

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi there from new member

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:54 am

Hi guys, slimmindown here.

I've been lurking for a couple of months now and thought it was time to register and say Hi.

I've been losing weight for 2 1/2 months and this time feels different to ever before when I have tried to change my lifestyle and eating habits.

I still feel like I am in control and in touch with my emotional eating problems that have lead me astray in the past. It just feels so different this time.

In the past I have lost significant weight twice 24 kg once before my wedding(which didnt happen)Im over it well and truley now.
And 11kg a couple of years ago.

I have lost 12.8 kg and still going strong,many of you here on the board serving as inspiration to me,to keep going and change those negative eating habits that have got me to where I am today.

My moto this time is I cant change the past but I can control my future.

I'm loving how I feel at the moment, even though I still have a long way to go, I like myself more and more every day for my achievements.

I am looking forward to posting and interacting with all of the other forum users............................................... :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Welcome

Postby Fluffy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:11 pm

Hi there slimmindown,

Great to have you join the forum and I like what you have written. I too have lost significant weight in the past but this time it feels different for me. I am hoping that I have finally turned a corner and can control my future...as you say, no point harping on the past. I think my biggest problem has been that I loose weight and then I kind of get scared of succeeding even further - stupid I know!
Anyway, nice that you aren't lurking any more and what great success you have had so far!
Fluffy
Fluffy

Postby KimE » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:23 pm

Hello slimmindown and welcome to the forum.

There is plenty of support here to keep you motivated when you need it most. But I agree the results are the biggest motivator for me and how good I feel.

Well done on your weight loss to date you are doing great. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:02 pm

Fluffy I know what you mean about feeling scared.

Its silly isnt it ,you shoud feel joy and happiness,which I do.
But then there is this underlying fear of loosing weight. For me I think its because if i loose weight ,I no longer have my fat shield to hide behind. I cant say, Oh i cant do something because I'm overweight.

Also I'm not eating down my feelings, so thats one of the things i'm learning to deal with. Feel the emotion and deal with it,rather than pushing it down with food.
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Return to Introductions