It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 am

Free Newsletter

Whats really good folks!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Whats really good folks!

Postby Hogan97 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:28 am

Hi all,

Been reading this forum a fair but, but decided to sign up (and the nice hour of 2:21AM, watching The Ashes admittedly). I thought I'd use this forum more like a journal of weight loss (if I end up losing something!) but more as a source of inspiration, as many of you guys have also.

At present, im a very unhealthy 96kg. I was at the peak of my game back in 2002 when I was about 75kg and rather athletic. But poor eating habits and easing of a sporty lifestyle have lead me to where I am today.

All this time I'd been kidding myself that its not so bad, and I'm sure i'll curb it. But about a week ago I was required to play some sport to fill in for a team and really strugged. It was bad. I never thought I'd be this out of shape.

At present, I am lacking funds to go to the gym. As a result I have decided to start going for walks (aiming at 5-6km/day), making the most of my home stepper that my sister purchased many years ago and is sitting in the garage, as well as some other exercises.

I'm really struggling to curb my eating habits, but maybe I'll share that later on... just one step at a time (on the forum).

Im not sure how much weight I can lose from walking as such, but I do appreciate that healthy eating habits contribute significantly to achieving such targets.

As stated earlier, my current weight is 96kg, by the end of the year I really hope to hit somewhere in the mid-80s. I really do feel this is somewhat ambitious, so please inform me if this is the case and if I should take baby-steps rather than consider the big picture at this stage. If anyone has any tips for improving walking habits, they would be greatly appreciated. And, if i'm asking all these questions in the wrong person, please let me know and ignore the mistake.

With kind regards, thanks for the forum and I hope it will make a good stay ;D
Hogan97

Re: Whats really good folks!

Postby court » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Hogan97!
I think your goals are very achievable and good on you for taking the first step :) Walking is definitely a great way to start - I lost 17kgs in the past just from dropping off the sugary soft drinks and walking to and from work everyday! :D
If there is anything you need or anything you need to share just pop it up here - there are plenty of people that will be willing to help :D
Court x
court

Re: Whats really good folks!

Postby Hogan97 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I just looked at meself in the mirror and i feel like balloon -_-

Ill have to start a plan tmrw.
Hogan97

Return to Introductions