It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

Free Newsletter

Anyone else here feel like they are wasting their youth?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone else here feel like they are wasting their youth?

Postby Puffer » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I just signed up, hoping to get some motivation. I am 20 and I feel like I am wasting my 'young, good looking days' by being FAT! I used to be skinny when I was around 15 (a size 8-10) but since then I have gone all the way up to a 16 at 75kg. I managed to loose it back down to 66kg at the end of high school, but then moved away to Uni and being unsettled made me put it all back on again! Now, no matter how hard I try I cannot loose weight, I just can't stick to a diet! I'm hoping signing up here will give me some accountability (hence the ticker) and motivation.

If any other young girls want to be a weight loss/motivational buddy PM me and we can chat on MSN. I just feel like I can't do this alone!

Chrissie
Puffer

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:25 am

Hey Chrissie,

I know exactly how you feel. I'm 22 and I've been overweight as long as I can remember.

Uni is hard, especially when you go to dress-up parties and all the girls are wearing skimpy little outfits and I know I don't look half as good as they do!

It's an amazing thing to be young and having fun, make sure you enjoy it, don't put off having fun until you are a certain weight - start going out and having fun now! And enjoy how much more amazing it is when you are fitter and have the stamina to dance all night, and the body to wear that miniskirt!

I'll pm you my MSN address if you like. I could do with some motivation too!

Good luck, you've taken the first important steps!
Mandie

Postby Groovychic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:46 am

I can give you one word of advice girls, and this is from the experience that comes with being mid 30's. Its easier to lose the weight when you are young!!!! And I am not just saying that. As you get older your metabolism slows down, which makes shifting one kg twice or three times as hard. So do it now while you are young. The first thing you should do Chrissie, is for a week write down everything you eat and drink, and all your dedicated exercise. Not incidental. Which is things like a bit of house cleaning etc. The next thing to do is look at what you have consumed in a week. How many fatty foods does it contain??? How many sugary things are in that list??? Then you need to write down how you can change that. Ok for lunch one day you grabbed a whopper and fries from hungry jacks cos you were running off to uni or whatever the example is. How can you change that??? Things like making a sandwich before you go off to uni, or a salad with some cold meat in it. Remember your proteins. Apples are a great snack on the run. I leant something yesterday actually. I ate an apple at 3.30. I finish work at 4 and get home at 4.15. Now I normally come in and raid the fridge or if I am down at the shops I'll buy a choccy to snack on. I didn't do that yesterday. I had a cup of tea and ate nothing until dinner. Some other simple things to change how much fat/sugar intake you have in your diet is to change to hi-lo or skim milk, diet yogurt, low fat cheese and marg. I tend to go for reduced salt things as much as possible as well. Look at your alcohol intake as well. Are you mixing spirits with coke or lemonade? If so change to the diet versions, or drink it straight. When I was 19 I used to drink scotch straight instead of with coke!!! Have it with ice and just sip it. You actually enjoy the drink more. And you still get smashed, with less calories!!! Tho I don't encourage binge drinking. When I would put on a few kilos when I was young I would just concentrate on doing some exercise each day. Generally it was only a 20 minute walk, and the weight would come back off. Now I have to exercise my guts out and really limit my food intake to lose just 1/2 kg in a month!!! So girls take advantage of your younger age and higher metabolism. Make sure you exercise each day, and cut out some of the junk food and cut down on the alcohol. It will make a difference. And when you have lost it try hard not to put it back on. Make your change in food a lifestyle change. Good luck girls. Rochelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello Chrissie and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you are on the way to getting a buddy. That's great and I hope it works for you both.

There is plenty of great advice and info here not to mention the friendly support.

I wish you well on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tango44 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:34 pm

I completely understand, Im 25 and so Im not unhappy with my life, but I would like to be more outgoing. Get out there have some fun.

Being big I know has stopped me from being the confident person I know I can be.
Tango44

Return to Introductions