It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby tanya36 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi I have been up and down for the past 18 months. Realised when my husband and I seperated and were not going to reconcile that I needed to have a look at myself as if someone else was looking at me for the first time and I didn't like what I saw. So promptly went and weighed myself to be floored that I had over the years gained 22kgs without even realising it.

So I got on the shakes bandwagon and lost initial 8kgs but also realised that was not a good long term solution so went to weight watchers and started exercising. Losing another 7kgs.

Then another upheaval of moving from Brisbane to Adelaide for work and joined a gym and just watched what I ate and got down to 84kgs losing a total of 19kgs and was pretty happy with myself but still had at least another 10kg to get to my ideal weight. I then met someone and all that hard work stopped as focused too much on a new relationship and not on me, so I have now gained another 6kgs and am sitting currently on 91kgs without someone in my life again!! So here I am having found this site last night after plugging in something about wiifit which I have bought and am excited by this site.

So if there is anyone around in Adelaide I have been there now 12 months and still find it hard meeting people and would love a walking partner local so drop me a line if your in Adelaide.

Re: Hello

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Tanya, welcome and good luck with it all :) .

I am in Adelaide but I am south of the city, a shame as I would have loved a walking/exercise partner.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Re: Hello

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 am

Welcome to the forum, Tanya. It sounds like you've been through a lot. I hope you succeed with your weight loss and that you find a weight loss buddy close to you. I'm afraid I live in Melbourne, so I'm a wee bit too far away to be an effective exercise buddy! But we'll all give you as much support as you need online, so hopefully that will help a bit. :D

Return to Introductions