It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

on weight loss journey- again!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

on weight loss journey- again!

Postby Nickykat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi, I live in Melbourne and have recently given birth to my second son- 5 weeks ago. I put on a LOT of weight during the pregnancy, and now need to loose it. I currently weigh 100.0 kgs (nice round number- but won't be sorry to see it go!), with a BMI of 35. My diet is terrible, with lots of junk food, and I do practically no exercise. Time to change! I My weight has been up and down my entire adult life- due to lack of motivation/ general laziness I think.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzTt5uR/]
[/url]
Nickykat

Re: on weight loss journey- again!

Postby emmer138 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 am

hey!

gosh, my diet used to be terrible too! i used to eat alot of take-away, especially on weekends.. usually have a pizza hut pizza to myself in one night haha not good! i never exercised either.. especially because i've been unemployed for a long time now. i'd just lay around watching movies.

it'd be a struggle to diet/organise healthy foods/exercise and everything with a newborn! the internet seems to be a great place to find so much information, and the best thing is.. you're not alone! no doubt you'll find new mums on here going through the same thing you are :) so you can help each other along!

i really hope you do well :D i've just gone through my first month, and god i'm glad i did it! and the best thing is, i want to keep going! usually i get to the 2 week mark and think 'why bother?'

good luck! keep updating as much as possible :)

xx
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby katieq » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi, I too have lots of weight to lose. I am taking it 1 day, 1 meal at a time. Goodluck
katieq

Postby Free82 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:18 pm

wow - this could have been my post! I weighed in at 95kgs when I got home from hosptial after having my little girl. I have never weighed that much ever. It shocked me, but for some reason still finding it hard to not eat the wrong things. Have lost 10kg so far, but have been off track the last month.

How is your little boy going? My girl is 3 months old now. Finding time to exercise is hard - I have a toddler too, so pram walks are not as easy - don't have double pram....

I think my biggest struggle is impulse eating out of anxiety when my kids are playing up....I eat to relieve the stress....not so good eh.

Free 82
Free82

Postby Nickykat » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks guys! Emmer, good to hear you've changed your eating habits- there is hope for me yet then! Free82, my son is great- thanks for asking. Luckily my older son is 4.5, so at kindergarten 4 times a week and so I do have time to go for walks etc with just the baby, it would be tough with a toddler too- have you tried putting the baby in a sling and the toddler in the pram? I hear you with the impulse eating- I think my problem is eating out of habit- but thats why we are here- to change habits! And I was 95.5kgs a week after the birth- but have actually put on more weight! Well, I geuss icecream, chocolate, pizza.... will do that.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzTt5uR/]
[/url]
Nickykat

Return to Introductions