It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Free Newsletter

New and in need of motivational support!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and in need of motivational support!

Postby Feybie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I'm 26 and no stranger to weight loss, I've had to do this once before. I currently weight 75 kg and want to lose at least 7 kg, hopefully 10. When I was a teenager I was about the same size I am now, then I left school and lost all my weight and got down to a nice comfortable 63 kg. I'm much older now, and MUCH busier so I wont have as much time to spend sweating it out in the gym so I don't expect to lose that much again. I'm feeling huge these days, though, and really want to try.

I teach aerobics four mornings a week but the crunch of the daily grind just got too much and I havent been exercising nearly enough, or eating well at all. I think the eating thing is going to be the hardest.

So I'm here for motivation, and to help give out motivation when required!

Re: New and in need of motivational support!

Postby mr happy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi Feybie. I feel your pain. I have followed a similiar path. Now with a young family, work commitments, pregnant wife its getting harder and harder to find time for exercise.
On my days off each week i have been taking my daughter to the heated pool for a swim, then when she is finished and my wife takes her to get changed, i jump in the big pool for a couple of laps.
Sure its no huge exercise regime, but its still keeping me active, as well as spending time with the family.
because of the hectic lifestyle myself and many other people live these days, im putting more effort into healthy eating with this diet than ever before, and only exercising when the opportunity arrises. I remember as a teenager when i lived at home, every day i would go for a long bike ride after work!!! Even when i worked dayshift it was a bit easier to keep a routine happening.

As for eating healthier, i tell myself thats its fully my responsibility and nobody elses. It doesnt take any extra time to eat healthy as it does to eat junk food. Its all about will power.
I also look at my beautiful little daughter, he was born just after i turned 31, which means i will be 52 when she has her 21st. I dont want to miss that, i want to watch my kids grow up and be able to enjoy a healthy lifestyle with them.
I want to be able to have the energy to take them bushwalking, skiing, fishing etc...etc...
Thats where i draw most of my motivation from.
Also, i want to be much fitter. Many of my hobbies require me to be fit. I will sometimes walk for 4 or 5km up a river fishing for trout, then have to walk back to the car. Its hard not being able to talk to your fishing mate because you are so out of breath all the time.
I draw a lot of inspiration form these sorts of dcenarios too.
mr happy

Re: New and in need of motivational support!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, Feybie! If you need some advice on eating plans there's an excellent post by Stevo on nutrition that many people here have found helpful. Another useful thing is the Calorie King site. A lot of members here use it to count their calories. It's an Australian site, so the food database is full of products you can find at your local supermarket, something that overseas sites lack. And you can either track what you're eating by entering food into your daily plan, or use a diet plan shaped by Calorie King. You just sign up for a free account and it will work out how many calories you need to eat per day to lose weight.

Good luck! I hope your weight loss journey goes well. :D

Return to Introductions