It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Free Newsletter

newbie - 21 yr old scoping for advice + inspiration

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

newbie - 21 yr old scoping for advice + inspiration

Postby iricangi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey Everyone

Only 21 and have already been working hard over the last year by myself getting body back into shape.

Im 6ft tall and after neglecting exercise i gained 20kgs in a year after i stopped going to the gym up to 98-100kgs

I surf almost every day and had to change my board to a mini mal to get on waves lol soon i was finding it hard to even keep up paddling with all the other locals and wasn't that fit.

Started a running circuit of 1km and over the course of 11months so far i've branced it out to a 6km run without any breaks.

The problem i'm having is i dropped to 81kgs (goal weight is 75kgs) but over the past 6months i have constantly been 82-84kgs and can't get any lower.

I do a decent load of running/surfing 3-6 times a week and havn't changed my nutrition so i guess thats where the problem lies.

Just joining forum to look around and see what other people are doing and looking for tips.

84kgs atm hoping to be 79-80 for my 22nd birthday at end of september

:D
8th August 2009
SW:84kg
CW:84kg
GW:75kg
mini goal:80kg (sep 22nd my 22nd bday)
iricangi

Re: newbie - 21 yr old scoping for advice + inspiration

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:25 am

Welcome to the forum, Iricangi!

If you think your weight loss plateau is due to what you're eating you might want to post a sample list of what you eat in the Ask the Mob section of the forum. That way other members can have a look and give you advice on how to improve your diet.

Many members swear by Calorie King. It's Australian, so its database contains lots of local foods and brands, and best of all it's free! When you fill in your profile you can choose for it to create a food plan for you, or you can enter your own foods in an calculate your calories that way. This option is good for people who like counting calories, but if that doesn't suit you there are many other weight loss methods out there. Feel free to start a discussion to find what will suit you!

Good luck with your weight loss.

Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: newbie - 21 yr old scoping for advice + inspiration

Postby Noddy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:50 pm

How did you go?

oh and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwGQHOr/]
[/url]
Noddy

Return to Introductions