It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:32 am

Free Newsletter

A bit down

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A bit down

Postby Moonsport » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 am

I am new to this forum and considering gastric banding. I am 40kg over weight and am feeling very down that I can't lose the weight by myself without medical intervention. I am frightened about using this method because of side affects. I know it is to change your eating habits but it is quite extreme and i am basically scared. If anyone out there has any supportive information or personal experiences to help I would love to hear from you. Thanks :?

Re: A bit down

Postby court » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:26 pm

hey moonsport, i watched a doco on gastric banding the other day... all I can say is :shock:
That being said I havent done it myself..

I have lost of total of 25kgs over the last few years (prob 3 years) from simply changing bad habits to start with, then increasing my activity and now I am to the pointy end I am fastidious about everything I put in my mouth! :lol: :roll:

I started by controling my portions, not eating too much "white" food (that doesnt mean cutting out all carbs but changing to grain based products etc), changing to diet drinks (however now I am steering clear as much as I can cos I am thinking about preservatives too :roll: ) limiting alcohol and if i HAVE to have lunch/dinner out making healthier choices...and I WALKED..i didnt run, didnt do weights but walked a little...started with 4kms, then got up to 8kms a day.. I lost 17kgs by folowing these priciples...

It really doesnt have to be an ALL or nothing approach, we are only human and making small changes can sometimes see a large result :D

Return to Introductions