It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 am

Free Newsletter

Hi ..shakes to real food

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi ..shakes to real food

Postby oz5 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi all,

I am rapt to have found this website. I have been on a low carb shake program since Oct 2008 and I have lost 23kg. I would like to maintain my weightloss and start eating real food again.

Does anyone have any idea what happens when you change from low carb shakes to a calorie controlled, low carb meal plan.

I have lost the weight but I don't feel like I have learnt how to manage it myself.

Can anyone help?

Re: Hi ..shakes to real food

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your weight loss so far!

When it comes to learning what to eat a good place to start is Calorie King. It's Australian, so the foods in the database are all locally available, and best of all it's free! When you sign up for your account you enter your height, current weight and goal weight. It will figure out how many calories per day you should be eating. You can choose either a pre-made eating plan, where it will tell you what to eat each day, or you can opt to enter your own foods. It's a great way to learn about nutrition and weight loss. For instance, if I'm choosing between two lunches I'll enter both in and see which has the lowest calories and fat and the highest in protein or other nutrients I'm after. It's a great way to learn to make healthy choices!

I've never relied on shakes for any great period of time so I can't give any advice on the transition back to 'real' food. I'm sure there are others on this forum who can help you, though!

Good luck!

Re: Hi ..shakes to real food

Postby oz5 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks EWQ - I am excited about taking control

Return to Introductions