It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie looking for support!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie looking for support!

Postby Leishkin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 am

My name is Aleisha, I live in Hornsby, NSW, I'm 21, and I weigh 123kg.

Like so many of us, I think I've been on every diet ever invented - and now I'm just over it all. about 3 years ago I lost the most weight I'd ever lost (about 20 kilos) but as soon as I went off the diet I was on, it all ended up stacking back on, worse than ever, leaving me with stretch-marks and feeling very unhappy.

I joined Fernwood about a year ago, but have been all of about 6 times.. it's ridiculous that despite my enthusiasm at the start (ok, so I was only working part time then) I have still managed to throw away so much money on the membership, and acheived absolutely nothing.

I came here looking for people like me, who have decided no more diets, i've got to change my lifestyle completely, and I have to do it NOW so that I don't throw any more of my money away.

now I have been saying that for the last 6 months, but here I still am! So, if there's anyone here that goes to Hornsby Fernwood and would like to be my Gym buddy, i'd love to have someone there so that I HAD to go, as otherwise, I can come up with any excuse!

thanks for reading, I look forward to getting to know the gang around here :)

Postby Hayley » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:41 am

Hi Leish, I'm so glad you found this forum. It's been incredibly beneficial for me so many other members!

Unfortunately, I live in W.A. but I really hope you find someone on here who live in your area and wants to be your gym buddy. It certainly does help when you have someone to go with you, that's for sure.

Take your time to read through the site and jump on any time you want to chat, whinge or ask a question - we're only too happy to help you!

Good luck with your new lifestyle and your weight loss.

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:05 pm

Hello Aleisha and welcome to the forum.

This is certainly a great place for support with your lifestyle change. I hope you find a gym buddy to get you motivated for the gym as I have found exercise to be a huge part of my weight loss journey and now enjoy it a great deal or more to the point I enjoy the benefits I get from it.

There are lots of tools on the home page to help with food choices and cleaning up your food intake.

I wish you all the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Mandie » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:36 pm

I'm 21 and in a similar situation.. this time, it's going to work though, because I'm not on a crazy diet, I'm just sticking to some sensible lifestyle changes that I know I can keep up in the long run. I already feel healthier!

I go to classes at the gym - I have a favourite instructor who chats to me, so that motivates me to hit his classes.. maybe try this if you can't find a gym buddy on here? (I also live in Perth, sorry!)

Or, try to meet people at the gym maybe, chat to someone in a class and arrange to go together..

Good luck!!

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi Aleisha,
good to have you with us
ticker graph link

Postby Leishkin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:27 am

Hi guys,

thanks for the warm welcome, I'm really keen to get it right this time, so yes, a lifestyle change and not a diet is in order!

look forward to getting to know you all :)

Return to Introductions