It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

Another New Person

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another New Person

Postby Pen » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I am 31 years old and I weigh 120.3 kg. Im sick and tired of looking and feeling the way I do. Im hoping that having to do the weekly weigh in will help motivate me to lose weight.

I have read a few messages and can definitely relate to them especially weighing more now than I did at the end of my 3 pregnancies.

My husband (caveman) found this site and we are going to do this together!

Even though our kids diet is healthier than ours it could still be better and I dont want them to end up in the same situation.
Pen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi pen! well done to both you and your hubby for doing it together!! it's so much easier when your other half supports you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:18 pm

Hi Pen, It looks like you are I are joining an incredible journey at the same time! Look forward to seeing you and your husbands progress!! It is great when you partner supports you. (My hubbie is very supportive, however he is very tall and has a super-charged metabolism and has not stuck on a gram since we met!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi Pen, welcome to the forum, what wonderful parents you are for trying to set a healthy eating standard for your children.
Dolly
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:27 am

Hi Pen
welcome to you and caveman :) its nice when you can come to a place and feel supported and encouraged by other people who are or have been in the same boat :) cant wait to read more of your journey :)

ALLY- my fiance is exactly the same as your hubby in that he doesnt put any weight on! i reckon its a thyroid problem! he is a short little bugger like me though but like a stick!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:32 am

Thanks Kate it is good to know that we share common ground over our other half. Scott has been checked out thoroughly by doctors over the years and they have repeated and rechecked tests and they came up with the same answer everytime.....nothing wrong. The last doctor he went to repeated all the same and different tests and finally gave him the answer that put his mind at rest....he said women would kill to have what you have..a supercharged metabolism!!! Hence half of my problem is I have fell into the rut of eating the same amount as him and well..on me it shows!!! LOL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:37 am

Well at least you hubby has gone to the Dr. i have to fight Mick tooth and nail to get him there! Hopefully he will continue to eat abit better now that he is joining me. i think he realises there is more dishes if i cooked two meals! just kidding ;) he is very supportive :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:15 am

Hello Pen and welcome to the forum.

Definitely a bonus to have your partner not only support you but join you on the journey.

There are plenty of tools on the home page and loads of support in the forum. Challenges and diaries are also on here to help track and motivate you.

Best of luck with your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tango44 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:36 pm

Hello and Welcome to the forum! It is great to see you have the support of your other half and you are doing this for yourself as well as your children.

Im sort of on this weight loss journey with my sister. I lived in the country when I was younger and mum was definately a famers cook (you know big meals to fill you up but not exactly low fat) Im sick of being big I just want to look in the mirror and like what I see.

So we are all on this little walk to healthiness together!

Morgan
Tango44

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:21 am

Wow morgan

you really hit the nail on the head there.

to look in the mirror and like what you see.

thats my wish!!!
kate_turner2000

Return to Introductions