It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

A bit about myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A bit about myself

Postby Ally » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:13 pm

As I have been reading through this forum, I have read a bit about you all and I guess it is time to share a little bit of me :!:
I am 32 and have been happily married for 12 years. We have four beautiful children ranging in ages from 11, 9, 2 x 7 1/2 year olds. (3 girls and 1 boy [1boy, 1 girl twin])

I have always been overweight and am now at the heaviest I have ever been. I have been on all the 'diets' and have lost and regained enough weight to make a sumo wrestler proud. I cannot remember a time when I have not thought about my weight as being a problem and it is literally like the second person I carry around with me each day.

I thought I had it all figured when I found the WLN program and lost 30 kilos, going from 162 kilos down to 130 kilos and then my health deterioated to a point where I just gave up and didn't care anymore. I was so sick at times I couldn't stand up without feeling dizzy (from constant ear infections) and the pain radiating through my head my nauseating. It was easier to give up than to try and keep going, so I gave up and piled all that weight (and no doubt extra) on. I am really blessed to have such a loving husband who has stuck by me and loves me for me, not what I look like. I am at the point in my life now where I feel that if I do not do something now, I may not get to see the kids grow up. For the first time in my life I have slightly raised blood pressure that the doctor is keeping an eye on. I need to act now!

I don't know if you guys know how valuable a find this site has been for me. Support is a wonderful tool and I know that I am going to benefit greatly from being able to chat and share things with you all. Some people can go throught their weight loss journey on their own with no support and I take my hat off to them, however I recognise that I am not one of these people and need support and encouragement along the way. So....cheers you lovely people....here is to the start of a beautiful online friendship :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:49 pm

Wow Ally that was great!
I'm so glad you're here not only to get your weight down but also to repair your health especially your blood pressure (no way would we want you suffering a paralyzing or blinding stroke)
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:32 am

Hi ally

im new here too :) thanks for sharing your story. its nice to have a bit of background info on people :) im sure with lots of support at home and here you will improve your health.

kudos to you for recognising that you need help- i do too!!!

keep your chin up :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:34 am

Thanks Kate!! And thanks to all who have replied...wow! Guys I am going to get weighed this morning so wish me luck!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:08 am

Goodluck Ally! :D
Dolly

Postby KimE » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:08 am

Thanks for sharing some of your life with us Ally it is appreciated.

Good luck with your weight loss journey, we are here whenever you need us. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tango44 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Good Luck!!
Tango44

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:31 am

Good luck Ally! So glad for you that you have found this site... there's so many great people on here to help you with your weight loss :D

That must have been horrible being so sick for so long :( I know how easy it is to give up when you're sick... I suffer chronic headaches from time to time. I could have a headache every day for 4 to 6 months. During those times it is virtually impossible to stick to any eating plan. I just want to reach for any food that I can get my hands on to distract myself from the pain!

It's great that you're better now and ready to start getting really healthy. Just imagine how good you're going to feel at the end :D You will get there I am sure!
SarahC

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:55 pm

Hi Ally, welcome aboard!!
I've found I have FAR fewer headaches now I am eating better. Must have been due to too much sugar, or just plain too much crap!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions