It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:28 am

Free Newsletter

Hey all - I am Torken

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey all - I am Torken

Postby IamTorken » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm

Hey all! What a great forum.

Last week I started the TF diet when my old scales broke under my huge bulk. Decided that was enough Tim Tams, Hungry Jacks and coke for now!

Struggled a little on the diet in the first couple of days as my body adjusted to lack of sugar, coffee and diet coke but now have settle happily in for the long haul. (Except I get inexplicably weepy around 5 pm???)

I put on weight in the last ten years. No excuses really... Simply comes down to my parents couldn't cook therefore before I left home I saw food only as a necessary evil and was very skinny. Once I left home and started cooking myself and eating out I discovered flavouuuuurr and decided to make up for the beginning years.(damn you mum damn you)

Anyway last year went through a difficult time and shot up from 92 kilos to 110. Finding it harder and harder to do anything and really losing my confidence.

If I had a dollar for every time I have been asked when my baby is due, or for every look of disgust I get when I happen to eat out (even if its subway) Clothes don't fit and I don't like clothes shopping as the saleswoman looks me up and down and says loudly "we don't have anything in your size here dear..." and stuff like that.

Mostly though my kids are growing up and I want to be able to keep up with them. My daughter currently "hero worships" me and trys to put on weight so she can "look just like mummy" which makes me sad...

So here I am! [Big wave]
IamTorken

Postby grugwashere » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:05 pm

welcome to the forum! i hope this site helps you achieve your goal....
joan
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby slimmindown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:42 pm

Congratulations on your new lifestyle, look forward to watching your success :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:06 pm

Hello Torken and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the TF plan. There are a few people on TF here so you will be able to swap experiences etc.

I wish you every luck with your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:48 pm

Hi torken :)

how nice to have you here. :) i hope the tf works well for you, you will definately find lots of support here and heaps of nice people :) its good because we are going through it too and we arent here to judge you. its great that you recgonised you needed a change of lifestyle. good luck on your journey
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi Torken
welcome to the forum
Dolly

Postby Garfield » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi
This may be a stupid question, but what is TF?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Torken!! Lovely to have you onboard. You will find great support here, so kick back and enjoy the ride!

I know exactly how you feel about the clothes not fitting and the looks you get when you go out to eat! People can be cruel pigs at times! It doesn't matter what we eat we are criticised. If you are eating some thing unhealthy you get, "no wonder she's so fat" and if you are eating something healthy like Subway you get, "don't know why she bothers"....yep no where you are coming from...but we are all in this together and we are going to throw them darn kilos of fat away and never look back!!!

FOR GARFIELD...TF stands for Tony Ferguson. It is the one advertised on telly through the chemists (well it is up here am not sure about other parts of Oz) It is the shake supplement one.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi Torken!! Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good excuse to start teaching the tiddly-winks about 'sometimes foods' and leading by example!! If they hero worship you then getting them to follow your healthy lead should be no probs!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions