It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:36 am

Free Newsletter

Another newbie :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another newbie :)

Postby blubber_no_more! » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:55 pm

Hi everybody,

Well here I am ready to begin the journey to my happiness! Its just after midnight and this is the beginning of the new me, i've just had my last chocolate milkshake, pizza, ice -cream night in front of the couch - there is so much more to life!!!!

I've had enough of being told that i have a pretty face or that guys would go out with me if i lost weight, now im doing this for me!

Looking forward to meeting everybody and sharing this experience!

123.3kg and counting down!

Postby Ally » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:01 am

Hi Deb, Welcome to the forum. I hope that you can find inspiration and friendly advice here with us. Good luck on your journey, we look forward to sharing your ups and downs with you.

If you want to do a ticker graph, Dolly explains all in the general discussion on how to paste a ticker graph!! (it's great fun!!)

WE are all in this together!! 8)

People are so fickle in their comments, they don't realise how much they can hurt. My aunty was a good one to pass comment to me about the 'your have such a pretty face, if only you'd lose weight' comments. (I'd just sit there nodding thinking well if I have to be such a cow to be thin, I'll take fat thanks!!! LOL) But good on you for losing weight for is the only way to go! You go girl!! :P

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:02 am

HI Deb welcome to the group

im recently new here too. i joined last week :) its great that you want to do this journey for yourself. and once that weight is gone you can enjoy a treat like a milkshake every so often.

i used to find that once my fiance was home from work and we had dinner and sat down for the night to watch telly, we would pull out the block of chocolate and coke, and chips and ice creams. he is stick thin so can eat anything, but it piled on me. i guess it was my way of relaxing after running around after a little one all day.

over this past week i make sure there is a bottle of water in my lap whilst i watch tv.

good luck with it and looking forward to seeing you progress to a healthier and happier you. :)

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:39 am

Hello Deb and welcome to the forum.

You will find plenty of support here and don't forget to check out all the fabulous tools and tips on the home page.

I wish you every success with your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Deb, welcome to the forum :D
ticker graph link

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi Deb, welcome to the forum
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions