It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Free Newsletter

New here - found link in Slimming magazine

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here - found link in Slimming magazine

Postby The Funny Bone » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm on yet another quest to lose weight. Currently, I am 170cm and 150Kg :oops:

So far I have done optifast, many years ago and lost 20 kilos. I've also been to Weight Watchers so many times, I can't remember how many times I have rejoined, but also lost weight. I've got a gym memebership which I haven't used for about 2 months :oops:

Now, I am giving up spending money on weight loss gimicks. I need to change my lifestyle.

I'm sick of counting points, I can't tolerate starvation via optifast and so amgoing back to basics.

The highest weight I have been is 162Kg. :shock:

So, I'll be around in the forums. My plan is to drop 20Kg by the end of the year.
The Funny Bone

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:56 pm

Hi Funny Bone, welcome aboard!
I think many of us have finally decided we've got to get real or we'll be seriously shortening our lives.

Whilst belonging to eDiets.com I kept on gaining weight primarily because we'd just become one big happy family, we hardly ever spoke of topics relating to weight loss, I needed to find this aussie group so we could listen to what others are going though and help with our similar experiences, I also needed to hear that you can cheat on your diet but if you take away something you were going to eat in it's place you can still lose weight.

Looking forward to hearing your daily weight thoughts
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:36 pm

Welcome Funny Bone, good luck on your weightloss journey :)
Fairie

Postby Serena » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:47 pm

Welcome! I have a huge amount of weight to lose too and I know it seems daunting and sometimes downright impossible but I believe if we give it everything we've got then we'll get there!
Serena

Postby Maraver » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:58 am

Hi Funny Bone love your name
you are most welcome, was there a link in this months Slimming Magazine, I have not seen it yet
I too have lots ofweight to lose and its seems such a long journey but with the help of all our freinds on here each step will get shorter
Good luck and keep posting
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Introductions