It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Free Newsletter

New to this board, but certainly not to dieting!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to this board, but certainly not to dieting!

Postby thehumancoffeepot » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh, I'm so excited to have come across this community! You all seem so encouraging and welcoming, this is exactly the kind of forum I need to help myself keep on track.

I won't bore you with too many details of my angsty relationship with food, but allow me to introduce myself. I'm 20 years old, 175cm tall, and probably about 80kg. This makes me large size 14, which, as you know, can be difficult to find in some clothing stores. Having only recently graduated from a size 12 to a 14, (lucky me) I have found myself balled up on many a changeroom floor in the last few months, cursing myself and my pudgy thighs for their inability to squeeze into a pair of superskinny jeans. But the time to hesitate is through. I am fat. I need to deal with it. Before I get any larger, I want to bite this on the head and get back down to a reasonable size 10.

I'm currently in my second year at sydney university, where I'm getting a bachelor's degree in arts. I'm majoring in English because I love to read, and I love writing. I have no idea where I want to end up in life, but hopefully somewhere surrounded by happy and interesting people.

Prior to this, I have suffered from a long, tedious battle with anorexia. Naturally, the topic of weight gain is something I can become quite obsessive about, and I have an embarrassingly long history of abusing and starving my body. This time around, I am aiming to take the healthy approach. I want to reward my body, to refuel it with nutritous energy. I want to appreciate it after such a long, harrowing adolescence of abusing it.

That's pretty much all I have to say! Thank you for being a part of this community, for keeping it alive and accessible to everyone, and thank you for having me!

Re: New to this board, but certainly not to dieting!

Postby miss_viva » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Belle!

It's nice to see that you've managed to overcome your issues with food, and that you're doing things the healthy way this time :D

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs

Return to Introductions