It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 am

Free Newsletter

miss_viva's moment of truth

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

miss_viva's moment of truth

Postby miss_viva » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi everyone, I'm miss_viva and I'm a long-term battler of the bulge.

Fad diets? I lasted a day, if that.
Weekly weigh ins at a weightloss club? Been there, failed that.
Fernwood? I went there for four years, and lost a huge amount... out of my bank account.

I'm 26 years old, from the Gold Coast and I'm sick of being fat. I've been overweight as long as I remember and I'm one of those people who struggle with motivation. Usually, I am really motivated for the first three months, and I lose a bit, but as soon as the weightloss slows down or stalls, I get frustrated and give up, and end up putting on all that weight again, and then some.

I've been coming to this board for a little while now, silently lurking in the background and using some of the posts to help motivate myself. It's so inspiring to see how many people are successfully managing their weight. So I've decided to stop lurking and step out into the open and introduce myself.

I hit my heaviest weight of 115kgs in June last year. I felt completely repulsed when I stepped on the scales and that number flashed up. I was finishing up my degree last year, so naturally I was always 'too busy' to work out (at least that's what I told myself), but between June and December, I managed to lose a few kilos and get down to 110.7kgs. Still a huge number, but for some reason, I was motivated by the fact that I'd managed to lose a little bit of weight without really trying, and also by the fact that I'd actually lost a little over Christmas, and not stuffed myself stupid like I normally would.

So following Christmas, I decided to really get serious about losing weight (for the 100th time). I've been there and done the whole 'I'll lose weight as a New Years resolution' thing before, and always failed within a couple of days. This time I decided to start my new weightloss journey that day, and not postpone it to the New Year, or some other day in the future that would in all probabilty never come.

At the moment, I'm not following a particular plan, I'm just trying to do it on my own. Every time I've tried to lose weight, I've always limited what foods I can and can't have, and as I'm sure most of you know, once you feel that you can't "have" something or it's off limits, the more you want it! I think that's why every other time I've failed after about three months... I end up craving chocolate (my drug of choice) and then go on a massive binge, and think 'oh well I've blown it now!' and then continue to gorge myself on all the foods I've been deprived of until I end up putting everything back on again.

This time, I've tried to adopt a more reasonable and flexible approach to food, and so far it seems to be working. It's been about eight months for me so far, and I've lost approximately 23.5kgs. I no longer 'ban' certain foods from my diet, I'm just more careful about how I incorporate them into my food choices. I've found that knowing I can have a bit of chocolate once a day means that I'm not as likely to just want to eat an entire block and then give up. I've also been trying to exercise more. I started off by walking around the neighbour hood for about an hour each day, and I found that helped a lot. I've also hired a treadmill and started off by walking on that, and over time, I started to try running for short periods of time. I honestly never ever thought I'd actually start to enjoy running and be able to run for longer than 1minute without feeling like I was going to die!

Well, thanks for taking the time to read my little introduction here, I'm not really sure if I have a point to all of this, but I guess I just wanted to stop by and say hi, and say thanks to all of those who post on here who motivate others, and do their best to battle their own weight issues.

See you around,

miss_viva
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Re: miss_viva's moment of truth

Postby Amethyst » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 pm

Wlcome Viva. I think you're going the right way about your loss. I look forward to seeing moe of your journey
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby miss_viva » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks Amethyst :D

I'm really hoping that I've got it figured out this time, I don't want to go back to what I was. Good luck with your journey too!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby sarahm » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm

hi miss viva, welcome. enjoyed reading your story ..you have done really well losing weight slowly and healthily. wishing u all the best on your journey-great support on here. :)
sarahm

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:10 pm

hey miss_viva, wecome to the forum. Well done a fantastic result so far, best of luck for the future and keep in touch. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby miss_viva » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll keep you posted on how I'm going :D
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby love to shop » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:28 am

Wow you are doing so well...good luck with your weight loss journey.
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Postby miss_viva » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Thanks love to shop, best of luck to you too. I can't wait to go shopping when I get to my goal weight! :D
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Mary123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

miss_viva wrote:Thanks love to shop, best of luck to you too. I can't wait to go shopping when I get to my goal weight! :D

That's going to be my reward too!!! I have already started saving up for my spreeeeee :mrgreen: Good luck!
You can do anything you set your mind to.
SW(3/9): 71.7 KG
CW (10/9): 69.8 KG Great week!!! :)
GW ??????:59 KG (Definitely no more 70's, and no more 60's!)
Mary123

Postby miss_viva » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Thanks Mary123, best of luck to you too!

Saving already? Hmm, that's something I hadn't really thought of but it would probably be a good idea! :lol:
[/url]

miss_viva

Return to Introductions