It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Free Newsletter

New here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here

Postby love to shop » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi everyone...I have not joined a weight loss forum before. This time I decided to find support in a forum because although I don't have very much weight to lose (6kg), I am finding it so hard to budge the weight due to being perimenopausal...the doctor told me that no matter how well I eat or do exercise, it will be hard for me to lose weight at this age due to hormonal reasons.

So I figured that if I think negative like that then I won't get back to the weight I want to be, and be able to fit my clothes for summer, so I am going to try anyway regardless of what the doctor says!

Although many of you may have large amounts to lose, I hope it is OK to join in here even with a relatively small amount to lose...as I am scared at the moment because every day that I stand on the scales lately my weight has been rising. This morning my weight actually dropped 500g, so I am hoping to keep going in the downward direction! :)
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Re: New here

Postby miss_viva » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Loves to Shop! I'm also new here, and it's the first time I've ever joined a weightloss forum. I've been lurking here for a while before becoming a member, and it seems like everyone here is really supportive, no matter how much you have to lose. It's better to take action against those 6kgs now before they turn into 10kgs....15kgs.... etc. There seem to be people here who have huge amounts to lose, have already lost huge amounts, are just starting out, and who are in the process of reaching their goals. I think ultimately we're all here for the same reason, so I'm sure no one will mind that you "only" have 6kgs to lose :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Re: New here

Postby love to shop » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks Miss Viva...that is so true what you said re "It's better to take action against those 6kgs now before they turn into 10kgs....15kgs.... etc." Thanks for the support and the welcome. :D
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Return to Introductions