It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

pregnant newbie here would love some support

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:13 pm

hi jacinta that sounds exciting! good luck for tomorrow. just one comment, try and drink a bit more than a litre of water, especially cos your pregnant you need to be replacing the amniotic fluid and fluids you are losing, and with exercise you need to incease that water amount. thats my only suggestion :)
best wishes we are here for you matey :)
kate_turner2000

new me

Postby calebsmummy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:16 pm

thanks kate do you think its enough exercise to be doing or should i try do some more?how much water should i drink?
calebsmummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:21 pm

hi jacinta! :)

i would probably only do say the stretching and dancing and the walking and then build up to add the pilates in there. you dont want to exert (sp?) yourself in the first day! or injure yourself. like i walk an hour a day but i started off just going around the block for 15 minutes etc and gradually building it up- then adding aerobics of an afternoon.

i always carried a bottle of water with me whilst pregnant so when it was empty id refill it. the mount franklin bottles (the smaller ones) i would drink about 3-4 of those a day. its important to keep hydrated especially with the weather warming up and if you are exercising. plus you mentioned you have a couple of glasses of coke so you really should balance them out whilst pregnant with water.

you dont have a lot to lose so i reckon by cutting down on soft drink and if you snack on healthier options then you'll make it in no time!

we're here for ya mate!
kate_turner2000

weight gain

Postby calebsmummy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:22 pm

hi well i think my main problem is im not hungry in the morning so i dont eat breakfast.... i get hungry round lunchy time so i have lunch then i dont eat anything till dinner after dinner im not hungry but as soon as i jump into bed and im watching tv i get hungry and eat heaps then ill go through a museli bar 2 small kiddie size packs of chips a piece of fruit and some biscuits and im still hungry but i dont eat any more..... does anyone have any ideas on wat i can do so i eat brekkie and not eat wen im in bed?
thanks guys love calebsmummy
calebsmummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:54 pm

hi jacinta

perhaps keep some vegies stick cut up in the fridge with some salsa to snack on when watching tv. if you dont eat brekkie try and make a smoothie or have a tub of yoghurt. i know you have a bubba already and i find that when i feed heidi in the morning i tend to have some brekkie too. i might as well make myself something if im making her something.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:28 pm

I'd be working in close concert with your doctor. I did read you shouldn't do anything requiring balance (eg cycling) because of the shifts in your centre of gravity.

I'm interested though...how do you know if you're losing weight when you have a growing new bub in your tummy??? :?

Also, you asked if you should do a food diary. It can't hurt and you might learn something helpful for other things....like you might find that you get a stomach ache every time you eat cheese or something.
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

hi

Postby calebsmummy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:32 pm

hi butterfly dawn,honestly i cant answer that because i havent lost any weight:( i really cant seem to work out something right for me?maybe you can help? i think the only way i will know is when i go to the docs for my checkups once a week i get weighed there so i suppose i just have to see how it is on the scales??? if you dohnt mind me asking how much weight have you lost over wat amount of time?do you have any ideas on how i could write a healthy diet and exercise routine that i can read from and do every day?
your help would be much appreciated
love calebs mummy
calebsmummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:47 pm

I've lost 34kg since November (need to update the ticker).

For me the main things have been:
exercise (I'm now cycling to and from work, 20km round trip)
cut down on: Cheese, butter, cream etc and sugar
focussing on fresh unprocessed foods

And I try to do:
breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner (although I often eat more in the morning than the arvo).

I would advise chatting to the doc to make sure you don't hurt bubs, but try and focus on vegies and fruit and a big variety of them. Go for cheeses like cottage and ricotta as they are lower in fats. Eat lean meats and supplement your iron intake from vegetable sources like spinach and red kidney beans (and be sure to eat vitain c foods with these to aid iron absorptions).

Try and account for the changes your body will have too - eg later in the pregnancy you can't be on your feet for too long so maybe plan to change to something like Pilates or youga rather than walking (unless you have a treadmill). An exercise bike MIGHT be ok, but check with the doc.

As I've never been preggers I'm not sure on that point but whatever you do do it can only help your fitness which will not only make you healthier, it might even help in birth!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:54 pm

hi calebs mum!!!

also just wanted to add to watch what cheeses you do eat because some can be bad for you if you are pregnant- as well as some types of fish. my dr's and midwives never weighed me during pregnancy -only my very first clinic visit because they said that weighing women during pregnancy can lead to depression (whilst pregnant and postnatally). is there is a reason why theyre weighing you every visit?
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Introductions