It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Are you new and are you a guy?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Are you new and are you a guy?

Postby patrickkallie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Yes I'm a newbie myself and I'm a guy. Just looking to share what I have learned over the years. I lost over 80 pounds and have been able to keep it off for over 9 years now. Was it easy...no! It took me plenty of time to realize what I was doing wrong. Does my story sound familiar?
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to advertise a product, service or commercial website.
patrickkallie

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 pm

G'day Patrick

Sounds very familiar. I've managed to drop about 9 kilo since October 1 - only about 74kg to go, I have a plan, and so far it is working well. I hope to reach my ideal weight in March 2012, with a lot of mini-goals along the way.
I'd love to run a marathon - back in my skinny days I managed 22km which is about half a marathon. I'll be 58 by 2012, so hope I'm not being too ambitious! I can always reassess that dream later.

cheers 4 now
hope you enjoy the site

Brendan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby daveh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

HI ALL MY NAME IS DAVE IM 35 FROM MELB, I DONE THE LAP BAND SURGERY IN JUNE 07 TO DATE LOST 34KG INCLUDING THE 11KG IVE PUT ON IN THE LAST 5MONTHS.
IVE GOT 7ML IN MY BAND AND STILL EATING LARGE AMOUNT. IM HAPPY WITH THE LOSS BUT WOULD LIKE TO LOSE 15KG MORE. I FEEL THIS SITE WILL BE USEFUL FOR ME AND OTHER GUYS AS INFORMATION NEEDED WILL BE MORE RESOURCEFUL THAN RINGING THE DOCTORS THEMSELVES. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING AND CHANGING EXPERIENCES WITH YOU AND ALSO RECEIVING ADVICE.
daveh

Postby brendan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Welcome Dave

Perhaps you can tell us what your max weight was, and what you'd like to get down to. Lap band surgery is pretty extreme, was there a medical reason for that, or was it just a personal choice?
I don't know if anyone else here has gone through that, I think most of us are trying the old fashioned way - watching what we eat and exercise. You might need to do a bit of that to shift that stubborn weight.

cheers
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby tubbyman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:37 pm

hey im new and im a guy i joined for some helpful advice off people that know wat der doing
tubbyman

Postby boxhead1971 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 pm

I just came across your page today so thought it would be interesting to get involved. I am a male turning 40 tomorrow. I am starting today WEEK 4 of my weight loss today.

I have started on the Slim Right shakes and in the last 3 weeks lost 6.1kgs. I have signed up with gym membership and go at least 3 times per week. My starting weight was 115.8kgs.

I spent all of yesterday visiting different health stores and getting thier feedback on what I could be doing better and the common chat was I am not eating enough and am starving myself. I have now made adjustments to my plan so any advise anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gavin.
boxhead1971

Postby JimJamsJetEngine » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey all. My name is James and I am just starting out on my weight loss journey. I have a fairly good understanding of how to lose weight and so on but thought I would have a look. At the moment I am 191cm and weight about 150kg. My goal weight is eventually to be 100 kg. I workout 3-5 times a week based on interval training for cardio and moderate weight, high repetition weight training which is mostly on pinloaded machines. I guess I'll keep you posted.
JimJamsJetEngine

Postby Devid » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Firstly welcome!

You may notice that the gender balance seems to be in favour of the ladies and feel a little put off by that, however there are a number of men who have been very active and valued members for some time now so please don't feel like you're all alone. You are definitely welcome here :D

There is a special section set up for the boys in recognition of the fact that some of you guys may need or want some man-to-man support and advice (not that we ladies wouldn't support and encourage you too!). It's been a little under utilised, so I'd like to encourage you to make it your own and use it... maybe we should have called it "the shed"?

Hi David here, I am new here and i was confused to feel as a guy on weight loss forum but i like to say thanks to you for your comments. I feel alone to be here as a guy but i was wrong. I am lucky to find you here as my helper. I want to lose my weight almost 15kg so can you help from my problem. I shall be thankful to you if you favor me in this problem. Looking forward of your reply. 8)
Devid

Postby TRA Coach » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi! I'm a new guy here! I'm just curious what are the weight loss programs you are using or discussing here. I am an advocate of a healthy weight loss program and I want to help those who are in need. Hope to know you guys! :D
TRA Coach

Postby BikeBanditAndy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Yes I'm new and I'm a guy! How are you? :o
BikeBanditAndy

Postby finishyoyo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello yes i am a new guy, and i am very much thankful to be here and have info on losing weight because the primary reason i join is that my wife always scolding me about getting some weight loss. Hope you guys help me. :(
finishyoyo

Postby chairbreaker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi all, Im new, Im a bloke. i weigh 234kg and would like to get to 110kg. im 6ft 3 so i think thats a reasonable goal to aim for.

Im in my early 40's and have no health issues but i know that my weight is a bullet in a chamber and im spinning it daily.

I only know how much i weigh because i bought some postal scales for work and noticed they could weigh up to 550kg's, its been years since i last weighed myself. Im glad theres a bloke sforum here because i think a lot of weightloss products, media etc is aimed at ladies.

chairbreaker

Postby J.Spears » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi, I'm new and a guy :D I joined because I'm starting to get really confused with all the conflicting training advice online and hopefully someone on here will be able to help me get my head around what's going to work for me
J.Spears

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi couple-of-recent-additional-guys

Welcome to the weight-loss forum!
CronicBadger

Postby fatlosskey » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi,

I just joined and I'm happy to see something that is addressed to us guys. My father recently had a triple bypass so I'm starting to grow more aware of health concerns that may occur as I'm getting older and gradually putting on more weight. Anyway I'm sure I have a lot to learn being here.

Thanks,
Greg :)
Last edited by CronicBadger on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spammer. I've deleted the sig. Sorry Greg, you have failed the test.
fatlosskey

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions