It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Are you new and are you a guy?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Are you new and are you a guy?

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Greg

Education is the key. Find out as much as you can about health - eating, exercise and stress management - and act on it. A person can always find a way to be healthier, both physically and mentally (and both interact with each other!) , and after that it is just a case of continual improvement.
CronicBadger

Postby mants » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

im new here within the last couple of days, anyone here trying to lose weight for cycling or into cycling?

cheers
mants

Postby steb » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 am

Yes I'm a New Guy. Thanks for asking. I hope I can enjoy and participate.
steb

Postby Lighterfasterfocused » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi i'm a newbie....i've been sheding weight to get back into triathlons....i did my first race this year after 17 year absence from the sport. I'm here to motivate and help men and women reach their goals....dave
Lighterfasterfocused

Postby Tempted » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:13 pm

hello welcome!!!!!
Tempted

Postby fitbody52 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

Hey Guy's.....yes I'm a guy too, I must have posted on the wrong thread, sorry about that....lol, but that's ok, because weight loss is for everyone. Anyway, here's my last post:

If you don't have your health, you don't have anything

Hey fellow health conscious prescribers, let me first say, it's great to be here, and also a privilege to meet all of you. I am a 52 year old male, happily married with three daughters and two Golden Retrievers. I've been involved in fitness, nutrition and weight management since I was sixteen years old. I was a scrawny kid at sixteen, and my dad and my brother persuaded me to get into some kind weight training routine and the rest is history. I've been in two bodybuilding shows in my later teens and early twenties, and have written countless exercise routines and sensible eating plans for number of countless individuals including family and friends. NO, I don't have a degree, and NO I am not a personal trainer, although I have the SAME knowledge as they do, it's just that I'm not certified. I do have a wealth of knowledge, and am willing to help out whatever and whenever I can. As you all may know, obesity is running rampant across our country, young and old, and controlling our very lives, and even taking our lives at some point if not taken seriously. With the right exercise regimen, nutrition coupled with enough rest, positive attitude and plenty of family and friends to encourage us, the outcome is not only positive, but life seems more exciting, and doors will open to you. About five years ago, I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1. At first I didn't know what to think, and I thought "what a let down", but I didn't let this devastating disease stop me. I first, I had to acknowledged I needed to loose weight, about 25 to 35 lbs, to be where I should be for my height, at 5'7". But remember, I've been into bodybuilding, so I still had some muscle mass, but a lot of body fat had accumulated mostly around the midsection and upper quads (legs). My diet had to change, and the ONE thing that I cut out and watched closely on, was SUGAR!!, I cut out sugar, and watched my carbs, and to my amazement, I dropped 30 lbs. in three months. THAT was exciting, I figured out that, if you want it bad enough, there isn't anything that can't be achieved, the same goes for anything in life. Just remember people, stay positive, stay focused, stay disciplined and I can guarantee that you will be amazed how far you've come, and be a testimony to others that might be in need also....GO FOR IT!!!
fitbody52

Postby fitbody52 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Hey, I just want to send a shout to all you guy's, keep your chin up, stay positive and stay focused......I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 1, about 5 years ago, but I didn't let it stop me. I have Diabetes, but Diabetes doesn't have me.....With diabetes, losing weight, can be a real challenge, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. First of all look at your diet, cut that sugar out ( you don't need it.....trust me ) carbs, watch them. Eat clean when you can, balance your intake of proteins, carbs and fats. Drink plenty of water everyday, and while you're working out, get plenty of rest....you grow or transform outside the gym, not in in it. What I mean by that, is, when you are exercising, you are breaking down your muscle cells, and the rest and re-cooperation, is what builds and restores your muscles, I've alway's told people I've trained, that it's a good idea, to have a protein drink or protein bar, within about 30 to 45 minutes after working out to feed those hungry muscles that have just been broken down......this also, helps in the re-cooperation process.I've suggested earlier, in another post, that if you want to loose fat, and get leaner, this is what I do when I workout. Use lighter weights and increase your reps, and don't rest in-between sets. This is a circuit training style that I use, when I want to trim down. For those, that have worked out before in the past, and achieved a great body, but has back slidden or reached a plateau, just remember, muscle has memory, and with the right knowledge and determination, you not only can, but WILL achieve your fitness goals.....hey, it works for me, oh, also...DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!
fitbody52

Postby blackbird » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:25 am

Oh yip. Guilty as charged! A new here too :)
blackbird

Postby luke-nova » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Luke and its great to be part of this forum. I wish to everyone all the best in 2012 and looking forward to share information here with all members of this forum ...
luke-nova

Postby luke-nova » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 am

fatlosskey wrote:Hi,

I just joined and I'm happy to see something that is addressed to us guys. My father recently had a triple bypass so I'm starting to grow more aware of health concerns that may occur as I'm getting older and gradually putting on more weight. Anyway I'm sure I have a lot to learn being here.

Thanks,
Greg :)

Hi Greg,
I really see on this forum people like you!! People who are taking action on maintain their bodies and care about their health. Keep up good work and don't give up time to time it's hard but not that hard to go over it ;).
luke-nova

Postby luke-nova » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 am

mants wrote:im new here within the last couple of days, anyone here trying to lose weight for cycling or into cycling?

cheers

Hi Graig
I was trying lose weight like that but running seems to me more effective...

Luke ;)
luke-nova

Postby luke-nova » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi i am Newbie to this forum.... any good suggestions from skilled members how to not be ignored...:D just joking ;)
Hello everybody
luke-nova

Postby hellbent » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello,

I thought I would sign up so I have somewhere to track my progress and keep me going in the right direction.
I really enjoy exercising and going to the gym and generally eat pretty well but still have an "all or nothing" attitude
if I go off my food plan. So instead of having a little bit of something in moderation I always seem to have
blow outs for the whole day.
Hopefully posting my progress will motivate me to keep going!

Currently I am 86Kg and I am looking to get to 77-78Kg in the next 8 weeks.
hellbent

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Hellbent, welcome to the forum! I envy your determination of going to the gym everyday and doing workouts. I always wanted to do so but my schedule won't allow me and maybe I'm just lazy too.

Keep us updated on your progress. I will follow your progress. Good luck on your journey and you made the right decision of joining the forum.
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg
wants2loseWEIGHT

Postby Jamey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey I'm a newbie

Im Jamey

On the road to 30 (just under 6 months to go)

Self confessed Junkfood aholic, However i balence this out with good wholesome foods as well depending on the day.

Lazyness is my main key to junkfooding and its easier to junkfood 2/3 nights a week rather than cook.

I am a recovering alcoholic and am 41 days sober, Kicking a 6+ stubby a night habbit and doing well!

I love to cook, I love to Eat and i hate being a over weight, Lazy, un energetic father, after work the couch is my spot and its not doing anyone any good.

I'v not weighed myself for 12 months, i would guess around 120ish but could be more and i'm 184cm.

I'm currently giving up smoking i'v been a Drinking only smoker and currently am down too 1 or 2 a day skipping a day or two in between....

iv walked 7.2km circuit twice this week and hope that my new shoes will be here tomorrow as my current footware (workboots) is not quite suitible for walking in, Just purchaced some Asics Kayano 18's

just need to get the eating undercontrol and hope to lose 25+ kg in the next 6 months.

will be lingering around here a bit i imagine!!

Cheers

Jamey
Jamey

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions