It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

A little scared

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A little scared

Postby vikkib » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:57 pm

Hi all

Well this is the first forum I've ever used, and I have to say I'm a little nervous about it. But I'm fed up with being fat and need some help and support, so I'm ready to give this a go. I've tried every weight loss plan going, and whilst they work while I'm on them, as soon as I try and go it alone I fall down in a heap again. I'm 6' tall and weigh about 125kg's (I'm too scared to get back on the scales to know an exact number). I don't want to be skinny, I just want to feel normal. That's about it in a nutshell really, hope to chat with you all soon.

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi Vikki, welcome to the forum and congratulations for taking the first step in joining a support forum.
Have you picked yourself a diet yet? We'll be here for you as you go through it.
- click here - IF you wish to learn how to put a ticker graph up to monitor your weight loss.

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:14 pm

Hey and welcome!
We are definately a friendly bunch, I have met some very inspirational people here! :P Good on you for deciding to lose weight, you will get lots of support here, and dont worry that those other times didnt result in long term weight loss, just learn from the "failures" and keep going, this time will be different!
Your start weight is similar to mine, I am 6 ft as well and started at 125.5 kgs. I am now 101.4, and trust me, If i can get this far, anyone can! Cant wait to get to know you :D xx

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:34 pm

HI vikki

welcome to the group. :) i have found this is an awesome recourse to use whilst on the weightloss path. :) everyone is so supportive, and motivating :) join in some of the challenges when/if you feel ready to, you will find lots of members here are inspiring and will get you on the goal to being 'normal' :)

take care and hope to see you around :)

Thanks all

Postby vikkib » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Thanks to Chubbybubby, Kate and Dolly

Your words of welcome are much appreciated, and I think this long term weight loss journey with you all is going to be enjoyable.....did I just say 'weight loss' and 'enjoyable' in the same sentence?? lol. I look forward to getting to know you all a little better.

In answer to Dolly's question....I'm actually going to try and go it alone...yikes!!! I have all of the weight watchers guide books and recipe books and I've done it so many times I think I could just about be a leader by now....I've decided I need to take responsibility for what goes in my mouth myself...I'm accountable for the shape I'm I'm going to be accountable for shaping myself up. I've already started by taking the dog for a walk....TWICE in two days....she doesn't know what's hit her lol. Hopefully by making myself exercise more and watching my portion sizes I'll be able to get my weight headed in the right direction.

Thanks again for all your support

Thanks again

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:34 pm

i meant RESOURCE in my last reply too :P der im blonde. i never read things before i post them lol.

vikki at least you have some sort of an idea as to what works and what doesnt. at first i had no idea but i seem to losing a bit of weight so im just going with the flow. walking is wonderful i love it. i bet your doggy does too! so keep up the great work, you and the doggy will be eeling fitter and healthier in no time.

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:34 pm

Hello Vikki and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a plan and are implementing already. That is a great start along with beginning the exercise.

You will find plenty of support and friendly people here. There are also lots of great tools and information on the home page so be sure to check it all out.

Glad to have you along and I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Leishkin » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:33 pm

heya vikki, welcome :)

I'm fairly new here too - and I too was at about 125 at only 5'8" or so! this place is so great for encouragement, sharing your woes and triumphs, I'm sure you'll love it here :)

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:56 pm

Hiya Vikki, welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!! Best of luck with your weightloss journey to a fitter and healthier you...we are here for you (even though I am relatively new!!) to give you the support and encouragement you need along the way.

Postby Dxenion » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi Vikki,

I've only recently joined too and I cant think of a more supportive bunch than those you'll find here.

Good luck and remember, you're not losing weight, you're discarding it by adopting a new way of life, one meal, one day at a time.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi Vikki and welcome! This was my first forum as well and I've managed to lose this time so I think it's a great site, but then I'm biased!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions