It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:33 am

Free Newsletter

Hello Again!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello Again!

Postby Shay » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi all!

I joined a fair while ago but disappeared when i got married and caught up in life. Earlier this year, my grandfather had a sudden heart attack and quadriple bypass surgery, and i gained about 5kgs from that because of no exercise, bad eating and stress. It wasn't the best of times, and my grandpa is a fit man who walks at least 2hrs a day, is in a healthy weight range, and eats well.

After he was hospitalised, i quit the gym because i wasnt going and my eating was pretty much just packets of chips because of their convenience. I only did this for 2 months, but during that time i started to get intense stomach pains. I thought it was my eating so i tried to eat better. It still continued, one time so badly i was hospitalised.

They never found out why, but amazingly it disappeared after i rejoined the gym! I'm too scared to quit now lol.

I got up to 69kgs in june, from about 63kg in march. My aim is to get to 55kg, but anything under 60kg is fine. I want to have kids sometime in the near future and i want to tackle my weight now while i can.

I feel pretty embarrassed when i look at people's bucketloads of weightloss here, and i cant even lose a measley 10kg! :(

The hardest thing is staying away from sweets and also making the effort to prepare meals, with work and uni. I really hope i have enough motivation and support to actually stick through and not just disappear again! :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Re: Hello Again!

Postby Mary123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:06 pm

you have my support and I'll dish out all the motivation you need :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear about your grandfather though..

Good thing you rejoined the gym!! Speaking of which... I'm fight the lazy feeling right now so that I can get my bum to the gym myself tonight!!! hah!

I have the same goal.. I've been in the 60's for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears now.. (and recently- the 70's :oops: ) So I will take anything so long as it isn't in the sixties! :D
You can do anything you set your mind to.
SW(3/9): 71.7 KG
CW (10/9): 69.8 KG Great week!!! :)
GW ??????:59 KG (Definitely no more 70's, and no more 60's!)
Mary123

Postby miranda*jane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Shay wrote:I feel pretty embarrassed when i look at people's bucketloads of weightloss here, and i cant even lose a measley 10kg! :(

Don't feel bad about that...10kg is NOT as measly as it seems. It's a lot number, yes, but any loss is a good loss. The "bucketloads" are lost by people who have quite a bit to lose to start with.

You will get there eventually...I myself have 9.8 (not that I'm counting ;))kgs to go before I reach my goal weight, and I have a feeling it will be the hardest 9.8kg I'll ever lose...but I havn't been 75kg since primary school...so I'm excited.

Keep your chin up and you'll do fine :)
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby curvygirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 am

Hello and good luck Shay. 10 or 100 its never easy or other wise none of us would be here. You will do it. :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Shay » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Thank you everyone, you're all lovely and fantastic :D
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!