It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Free Newsletter

An Oldie but a Newie..

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

An Oldie but a Newie..

Postby zojoho » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Hiya All,

I am once again on another "Journey" to a better, healthier me. I used to be a Member here, I was formally known as "Zojo", however I left here whilst in the early stages of Pregnacy, to have my 3rd Child. I had a DD who is now almost 1 y.o..damn time goes by so quickly, as does adding extra kgs when there's never enough time in the day to workout.

Currently, I am at the heaviest I've ever, ever been (99 kgs)..and it is soooo embarrassing and humiliating and I feel down right disgusting. I feel like I'm an embarrassment to my Husband who is a Manager of a business (I should at least look respectable for him & his workplace because I am his wife..but I don't), I feel like I'm an embarrassment to my small children, 1 of whom is in Reception at School, and the other whom is beginning Kindy. I even feel too ashamed to attend my 11.5 m.o DD's Baby group..I am ashamed to be ME.

So today I begin this journey for the 2nd time in as many years..I know I can do it, as I lost almost 20 kgs back in 2007..with a lot of hard work of course, but NOW, I'm even heavier than when I started out back then..so I really have my work cut out for me this time.

I welcome any advice, feedback and any extra tips that you all might have..I am here Guy's, and I'm in it for the long haul.

Mwah, Zojoho.
zojoho

Re: An Oldie but a Newie..

Postby love to shop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Welcome back Zojoho.....congratulations on the birth of your 3rd child!

If it is humiliation and embarrassment that has been the trigger to make you want to change, then use that each time you feel tempted to break your diet...brace yourself and remind yourself what is more important...'a moment on your lips' as they say, or feeling comfortable around your kids and husband. You can do it! Best of luck on your new journey. :)
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Postby zojoho » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Thank you "Love to Shop",

I am feeling a range of emotions atm, embarrassment is high up on the list most definitely. I will admit that I use food as my crutch for a lot of different emotions, boredom, sadness, anger, etc. etc. and I know before I even put that lil' bikkie in my mouth (or whatever it is at the time), I already know that it's the wrong thing to do..but I do it anyway..and then feel really guilty afterwards.

My children have missed out on a few "essential" childhood activities because I'm sooo self-conscious of my weight, and that makes me feel like I'm such a bad Mum. My children don't get to go to the pool, nor do they get to go to the beach because I'm too bloody awful looking, that I don't think that there would be a bathing suit that would fit all my bumps and curves. For me to deprave my Children of such things is soo very wrong of me, EVERY child should experience activities like this..FCOL - I did..!!

So yes, I agree with you, the next time I go to make a "bad" choice, there are certain things that will be going thru my mind before that choice gets to touch my lips.
zojoho

Postby sarahm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:16 pm

hi-i have been on the forum since about march. welcome back-you seem to be on the right path working out what's 'right' for you. best of luck and warm wishes. :)
sarahm

Return to Introductions