It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack

Postby Angel » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:04 pm

Hey All,

I'm back. I slipped of the face of the earth around 19 June, went back to my self-destructive habits and return to you 3.3kgs heavier :oops: .

Its no excuse but I have been going through a particularly stressful period, if its not bad enough suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (for 2 years now) and therefore being unable to exercise and more importantly get out of the house, the insurance company that was paying me income protection has decided I"m fit enough to return to work (even though my doctors say no way) so they haven't paid me for 12 weeks while they "reassess my entitlements to income protection". Any way, I digress.

I find when I am put under extreme stress and especially since I reduce the stress by going for a big long fast walk or pounding a punching bag etc, I turn to my old friend, chocolate, and lots of it. I'm sure my story is familiar to many.

Anyway, I'm back, a little heavier but all the more determined to get this weight off once and for all, I have about 12 kgs to lose and would love to see 2/3 of that off by Summer - oh how good would it be to wear nice clothes this summer instead of wanting to cover up.

I hope everyone is well and still kicking goals weightloss wise. Welcome to all the newbies,
take care,

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:02 pm

Woohoo! hi Angel, great to have you back with us again :D
When you originally started with the weightloss forum you had 20kg to lose, so now havig only 12kg to lose is excellent and doable by by summer Image

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:19 pm

hi angel
welcome back to the group. i am fairly new here :) best wishes with your weightloss goal :)

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:43 pm

Hello Angel and welcome back it's good to see/read you again. :D

You're back among friends who know exactly how hard it is to lose weight in the first place and maintain weight loss when stresses hit. So "hugs" for you and I hope things are getting better.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Hayley » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:53 pm

Gosh! Hi Angel,

It's so good to have you back here joining us on our weightloss journeys - so WELCOME BACK!!

Sorry to hear about your problems with income protection etc, I hope it gets sorted out and you get the response you're after.

Don't feel bad about your small gain whilst you've been gone - like Dolly said, when you started you had 20kg to lose and now you've only got 12kg, so that's great!

Hayley xx

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi Angel and welcome back! I've been in and out lately too
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Angel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks for all your welcome backs, its great to see everyone still sharing their weightloss journeys and boy, talk about new members - there are so many names I don't recognise, the more the merrier I say!

Congratulations on all hte weight each of you have lost, fantastic - you must feel great, and with the nicer weather biting at our heels, what better way to reward us - you can now show off all your hard work.

Keep up the good work,
catch you in forum,

Return to Introductions