It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:13 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Melie » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi there people,

I'm Melie and I just found this site today. I decided to procrastinate at work and look around the internet...this website has a lot of useful information and I'm going cross eyed reading it...

Anyway, about me I suppose...

I'm 22, have been overweight all my life [except for a brief period when I was 16/17 yet thought I was quite overweight then] and for a while there was really upset about my physical appearance. Problem was, I didn't do much about it.

What have I done to get myself started? Well, I've recently quit chocolate [again] and I must say, I feel better for it. I've been at the gym for about a year now and even though I haven't really lost any dress sizes, I have noticed that my muscles are 'bulking' and the fat is being redistributed which is better than becoming fatter.

In terms of food though, I've been going pretty well for the last two years because I can't stand the taste of oil [or anything like that] due to the fact that I had gall stones for quite a while [until October last year when they took out my gall bladder]. But my food intake these days is even better than before. However, it could be much better and I'm finally doing something about that.

I'm also in the process of changing gyms as I'll be going with my brother soon as he also needs motivation. So I'm kind of taking a couple of weeks off [going to the gym] but am looking at buying a fitball and some weights, so I'm still doing something in the mean time.

In terms of life, I'm happy - I'm just not excited about my physical appearance but I don't let it get me down [often]. At the end of the day, I am who I am, not what I look like and why should I worry about what anyone else thinks of me because of my being overweight? I'm the one that needs be comfortable in my own body, not them. It's not like I'm out there to score [if you know what I mean].

I just get so furious at how shallow people can be.

Ultimately though, I know I'm doing something about it, so stuff everyone else.

I was thinking about going in to more detail, but I shalln't. I think this is a pretty good introduction.

So for now, I bid thee adieu.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:27 pm

:) hi melie :)

welcome the group :) and thanks for the introduction :) its nice to read about people and why and what they have done about their weight etc. best wishes with your weightloss journey and there are plenty of people around here to help you out. :) join in the weekly weigh ins and challenges too if you feel like it :)

best wishes

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Hey Melie and welcome to the forum , you will get heaps of support here.

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi Melie, welcome to the forum.

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:38 pm

Hello Melie and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing some of you life with us it is appreciated. It is good to see you have incorporated exercise into your life already as every bit certainly helps.

Well as you said there is a lot of info on the site...enough to keep you busy for some time. Have a good look around and feel free to join in where you are comfortable.

I wish you every success on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Melie » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:01 pm

Thanks guys...

Postby Mandie » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:30 pm

yep, welcome welcome!! 8)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:18 pm

Hi Melie and welcome!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions