It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

Hi All

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All

Postby macandhobbs » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi All,

I am a 28 year old woman who needs to lose 20 kilos!! I dont know how I got here but here is my story I wanted to share with u all

Growing up I was always small and into adolescents I remained this way, usually about size 8-10 until I was about 24, then I started a total addiction to junk food, maccas on the way home from work and then eat a second dinner, hot lunches everyday, entree-main and desert all the time!! Then the weight started to pile on and I went from 55 kilos to about 75 in about two years, I got engaged and dropped eleven kilos for my wedding to 64 kilos and was a size ten, then I let my old habbits return and went up to 78 kilos in about five months-which is absolutely NUTS!! I became pregnant with my first child and only ended up putting on 6 kilos to become 84 kilos, that was October last year, two weeks later I had dropped 8 kilos and was down to 76 kilos, but now over a period of 11 months I have put on another 8 kilos to be back to my pregnancy weight of 84 kilos and it has to stop!!! I have the same routine " ok I am going to start a diet tomorrow" so I eat like crazy that day and then something happens like having no self control and I never start the diet, So this is it for me as it is affecting my relationship due to my self esteem issues!! My hubby tells me he wouldnt care if I was 100 kilos as long as I was happy but I never want to go anywhere and I am not my normal, happy self due to my weight, I have to start living and not look back when I am older and say I wasted so much of my life being unhappy!!! So I have a five month plan to lose the 20 kilos!!, which is a kilo a week, it is starting right now not tomorrow and I will weigh in once a week on a Wednesday morning, I need support so thats why I joined this forum because so many people have achieved amazing things!!

MY NEW LIFE BEGINS TODAY !!!!
macandhobbs

Re: Hi All

Postby macandhobbs » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 pm

I joined this forum for support, looks like I am in the wrong place, will try another forum
macandhobbs

Postby emmer138 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 pm

don't feel discouraged. the forum has seemed very quiet lately.. i'm not too sure why. its good to see you've got the right attitude! i'm alot like you were, with your eating habits, just wanting to binge eat everything, which really sucks :( this forum has really helped me so far, with support and facts on what you should be eating and things like that. i really hope you can get through this! we're all fighting the same battle :)

also, i was wondering how tall are you? and your start weight is 84kg right? and if you ever want to chat, send me a msg or something because i'm on here a fair bit through the day, but i work nights

hope to hear from you soon!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby macandhobbs » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 pm

I just sent u a PM with my height and stuff, thanks heaps for that :D
macandhobbs

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi, as Emmer said, dont be discouraged things have been a bit quiet of late.
Speaking for myself I have had other things going on at home right now but I do try to pop in a couple of times a day.
Also I have lost count of the number of times I have welcomed someone or someone has sent me a pm asking what I have done and I have gone into a big explanation only to never hear from them again.

You may also find it easier just to jump into some of the other threads and join in, once people realise you are here beyond your first post people are more likely to open up.

Anyway, there is support, advice and encouagement abound here so do stick around.

Whats on the agenda for your eating and exercising?

Best of luck and do yell out if you need anything.

Have a great day and best of luck for your next weigh in :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi macandhobbs & welcome. I am new too.

I am 27 and was always thin at school too around 60kg. After my children I increased by 5kg with each and was up to 75kg after my 3rd was born. I naturally dropped back down to 72kg a few weeks later and have been trying to lose weight since. I am currently 69kg and wish to lose another 10.

I understand exactly where you are coming from and how you feel so much more happier & confident at the weight that feels like you. You can do anything when you dedicate yourself to it enough & it sounds like you are committed. Don't get down on yourself, you cannot change the past, only the future.

What are your weight loss plans? I am aiming for 1200 calories per day and at least 30 mins of exercise. I have found most success with counting calories/kilojoules. Have you thought much too about what happened when you were 24 to start you off down this track? It's worth looking at to prevent it from happening again.

Good luck, if you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message. There is plenty of support and advice here too... maybe have a look around the site at other peoples journey's for inspiration & tips.
Samantha Jean

Postby macandhobbs » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement guys

I am counting calories as well, aiming for 1500 a day and will drop to 1200 a day when I hit 75 kilos so after a loss of nine kilos in which I hope to lose in six weeks, hopefully it is a reasonable goal, exercise 30-40 min a day and trying to get to the gym twice a week, well thats the plan anyway!!!

I am not sure what happened at 24, I think I just got lazy , I have asked myself that question for a while now trying to come up with something

Samantha - thanks for the support, it sounds like your calorie counting is really working for you so I am going to steal some of your success to use for my motivation!!!

Thanks for the reply Shalimar!!!!!

I am pretty excited I have started my journey will post my first weigh in result!!
macandhobbs

Postby Shalimar » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:41 am

Im looking forward to you first weigh in results, hope all goes according to plan :) .

Best of luck :D .

Shalimar

Postby macandhobbs » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 am

Hi All,

Well here is the results of my first weigh in!!

SW- 84 kilos
Todays weight - 82.8
Loss 1.2 Kilos- I am sooooo happy with this guys, and that much closer to my first mini goal of cracking the 70's

I love counting calories, on Sunday I was dying for some junk food so I had a medium junoir burger meal and just had salad and soup for the rest of the day to stay within my calories, I know its not the best thing to do but its good I don't have to deprive myself from everything

Bring on the 70's!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
macandhobbs

Postby emmer138 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 am

well done! yes bring on the 70s! hopefully it will only take you around 2 weeks to get there :D good luck!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Excellent, well done, thats a great result :) .

Best of luck for next week.

Shalimar

Return to Introductions